Big bore Cyls.

Craig B

whys everyone have a boner for huge ass pistons

I'm always about going as big as you can afford. But, I hate when I see people just hunting for the biggest set up that they can just drop on, all the while they just leave the bottom end untouched. It just reeks of catastrophe.

Plus, the beauty of the stock stroke stuff is that it revs to the moon. That's not gonna happen to well with a hugely over square motor.

I'm always about going as big as you can afford. But, I hate when I see people just hunting for the biggest set up that they can just drop on, all the while they just leave the bottom end untouched. It just reeks of catastrophe.

Plus, the beauty of the stock stroke stuff is that it revs to the moon. That's not gonna happen to well with a hugely over square motor.

i hear ya man but the larger engines usually have beefed up components, cases, rods, bearings etc. why put big pistons on a flimsy lower end is what i was getting at

Reread my 1st post. I asked if it is better to stroke/long rod. I don't think you read the whole post.

I read it.... What are your plans with the crank? What about the trans? Any shifting mods? Who's doing the case work? Plans for the clutch?

I have had good luck with Arlen @ LED before, not to say I wouldn't use someone else. The motor is a very low hr 2005 [bone stock], so for now just some pipes , cool head for race gas and a few other things. I came across Driveline cyl kit for around 799 on Flee bay and it caught my eye. Mainly riding in a gravel pit close to home. But would like to see 65 to 70 hp on C12