Manny's MX build

This is more of a general question, but is there a real benefit of using Titanium bolts (suspension, chassis, etc) vs Stainless?

Obviously weight, but how much weight do you really save by doing a complete kit and burning $1600?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It starts adding up real quick I saved roughly 16.3 pounds on my last R1 build some bolts are so light compared to the steel bolts that they feel like they're made out of plastic. The bigger the bolt the more weight you save essentially. The biggest weight savings I had out of replacing all the bolts and nuts I did was the axle bolt which would be like the long swingarm bolt that we have that connects it to our frame on the shee's. I did it partially for the weight savings but mostly for the bling factor some also have to be drilled to safety wire for the track which is easier to just order them that way and save some weight by it being titanium. Also Titanium 6AL-4V (grade 5) bolts are highly corrosion resistant and claim 40% weight reduction. Race tech are the ones that sell kits but pro bolt usa can make you any bolt you have into titanium provided you give them the right info..I have their rules to measure length and pitch so it's easy to get them the specs.

13BE2611-51E0-4B9F-9199-13834AD8C1C1.jpg

Edited by Sheedawg28
  • Like 1

Just curious ... why? And what's the best setup

Since he didn't answer your other question...you shouldn't use it because of the carbon fiber brake stay they include. You swap that out and you'd be solid..might even be able to buy that kit without it and just buy one from a different manufacture. A brembo caliper would give you better modulation but you'd have to be pretty precise with it which nobody could ever be to realize a difference so the stock is ideal, the brembo would bring a bling factor in there which is one of my possible future mods because of that ha.
  • Like 1

Since he didn't answer your other question...you shouldn't use it because of the carbon fiber brake stay they include. You swap that out and you'd be solid..might even be able to buy that kit without it and just buy one from a different manufacture. A brembo caliper would give you better modulation but you'd have to be pretty precise with it which nobody could ever be to realize a difference so the stock is ideal, the brembo would bring a bling factor in there which is one of my possible future mods because of that ha.

Cool, def like the bling factor. Let me know when you make the upgrade as I would like to see who makes the brake stay. I'm still trying to figure out what sprocket carrier to use on the RPM axle

Cool, def like the bling factor. Let me know when you make the upgrade as I would like to see who makes the brake stay. I'm still trying to figure out what sprocket carrier to use on the RPM axle

For sure, just be weary if you take the leap before me there's a lot of fake calipers out there so ask where they source their caliper from with whichever company you go with some brembo calipers will also have the part numbers stamped on them which you can look them up and it'll tell you all the details of when it was built..if it's not in their database then they never made it therefore it's a fake. You might want to stick with the stock carrier for both the sprocket and brake according HP2000, since they're aluminum and the axles are steel they start developing play since those two metals don't agree with each other which makes sense. Along with the rear hubs, hence why I haven't got rid of the ugly stock ones.

So much stupid fucking information in here.

Cuervo was the first to sell the Brembo with a brake stay for a Banshee.

That said, the setup is for a 40mm carrier and drag axle.

The spacer that comes with it is to space the brake hub correctly for the Brembo.

Call or e-mail them and order one.

sales@cuervo-racing.com

(951) 743-6328

So much stupid fucking information in here.

Cuervo was the first to sell the Brembo with a brake stay for a Banshee.

That said, the setup is for a 40mm carrier and drag axle.

The spacer that comes with it is to space the brake hub correctly for the Brembo.

Call or e-mail them and order one.

sales@cuervo-racing.com

(951) 743-6328

So please clarify what info on here is stupid..probabaly won't respond as I'll probably prove you wrong like I have with everything else. We weren't talking about the Cuervo racing unit either retard, which doesn't state that it has to be used on a 40mm carrier or drag axle....talk about a dumbass post all together ha Edited by Sheedawg28
  • Like 1