2010 YFZ-450 front Suspension Swap

Thack82

FullFlight +3+1 12 Point Adjustable A-Arms (For YFZ-450 Shocks)

*2010 YFZ-450R Spindles, Hubs, Steering Stem Flag, Brakes, and Brake Lines

Just wanted to point this out. When you started this thread you "FOUND IT!!". This setup was the cream of the crap. Nothing better, absolute best.

But then...

I decided that I could make the X Shocks work better with a different A-Arm set up so I had Metal Tech Custom Build me a set specifically for the X Shocks, Spindles, Hubs, and other Suspension Components

So wait a minute. The cream of the crap setup actually became BETTER?!?! NO WAY!!!! You ditched the 450R sprindles, hubs and other suspension components for 450X components, as well as the Full Flight a-arms for some super sweet custom Metal Tech ones.

I don't know if we can trust your advice anymore, pal. I mean, it's fantastic advice, but you contradict yourself far too often. Those two posts were even on the same page. :confused:

You're beating a dead horse with this guy. There have been dozens of people with his exact setup that go to even a BASIC aftermarket Banshee setup and notice a WORLD of difference. You just gotta do what everyone else does, chuckle and move on.

You never did tell me where I could find dozens of people who are running my exact set up??? and you don't chuckle and move on any thread I post or anything I comment on, you you have some kind of Jack ass comment to throw out there. All I can tell you is bring a Banshee that you've put a Properly set up SoFoul Suspension on and run it against me in the woods, until then please shut the fuck up and pedal your over priced suspension set ups, and get off my back.

248094_10150204253979828_7594933_n.jpg

Edited by Thack82

248094_10150204253979828_7594933_n.jpg

Just wanted to point this out. When you started this thread you "FOUND IT!!". This setup was the cream of the crap. Nothing better, absolute best.

But then...

So wait a minute. The cream of the crap setup actually became BETTER?!?! NO WAY!!!! You ditched the 450R sprindles, hubs and other suspension components for 450X components, as well as the Full Flight a-arms for some super sweet custom Metal Tech ones.

I don't know if we can trust your advice anymore, pal. I mean, it's fantastic advice, but you contradict yourself far too often. Those two posts were even on the same page. :confused:

You can keep on reporting this image and I'll keep on posting it! You haven't seen or rode my Banshee, I haven't got any pictures of it with this new set up. I changed my A-Arm set up from full flight to Metal Tech because I wanted a 46" Wide set up that would help me carry more speed in tight area's and the set up I had rode great but I wanted the newer updated Components. I plan on building another Woods Banshee sometime within the next few years and I'm going to have the guys at Metal Tech build me this Frame out of forged and extruded aluminum, buy a new set of Maier Plastics and I'll probably run all the stock YFZ-450X front suspension on it and run a Oval Tube Metal Tech Rear Swing Arm on the rear with a 2001 Raptor 660R Rear Shock with the Remote Reservoir. I'll have my Sponsored Builder "Withrow Powersport's put Race Techs Gold Valves in all three Shocks and Race Tech's Triple Rate Springs in the front and a Dual Spring Set Up in the Rear. I'll put together a Motor from the ground up with Billet Cases, +10mm Stroke, and a Serval Top End with Trinity Forged and Balanced Internals, Drive-Line Clutch Components.

This new frame will have enough clearance to run a 7" Electric Fan between the steering stem and the back of the radiator too. The Suspension set ups I'm running perform good in the terrain I'm racing in and I don't think you can put one together that will out perform it where I'm riding and racing. That's my own Opinion but you wont see me dogging and running my mouth about any other guys suspension set ups because they have there Banshee's set up the way they like them and the terrain there riding in. I'm willing to call it a it a truce and stop all this bull shit if you will get off my back.

178708_10150978763509828_132565206_o.jpg

Edited by Thack82

..........I'm beginning to think we've been trolled BIG TIME. yea,yea, i know he's posted a few "pix" of "his" bike, but we all know you can Google Image anything.

Sounds like a young guy posting his wish list every time he posts something... I mean really, Ive seen salesmen who couldn't do as good of a job advertizing parts as he does.

You can keep on reporting this image and I'll keep on posting it! You haven't seen or rode my Banshee, I haven't got any pictures of it with this new set up. I changed my A-Arm set up from full flight to Metal Tech because I wanted a 46" Wide set up that would help me carry more speed in tight area's and the set up I had rode great but I wanted the newer updated Components. I plan on building another Woods Banshee sometime within the next few years and I'm going to have the guys at Metal Tech build me this Frame out of forged and extruded aluminum, buy a new set of Maier Plastics and I'll probably run all the stock YFZ-450X front suspension on it and run a Oval Tube Metal Tech Rear Swing Arm on the rear with a 2001 Raptor 660R Rear Shock with the Remote Reservoir. I'll have my Sponsored Builder "Withrow Powersport's put Race Techs Gold Valves in all three Shocks and Race Tech's Triple Rate Springs in the front and a Dual Spring Set Up in the Rear. I'll put together a Motor from the ground up with Billet Cases, +10mm Stroke, and a Serval Top End with Trinity Forged and Balanced Internals, Drive-Line Clutch Components.

This new frame will have enough clearance to run a 7" Electric Fan between the steering stem and the back of the radiator too. The Suspension set ups I'm running perform good in the terrain I'm racing in and I don't think you can put one together that will out perform it where I'm riding and racing. That's my own Opinion but you wont see me dogging and running my mouth about any other guys suspension set ups because they have there Banshee's set up the way they like them and the terrain there riding in. I'm willing to call it a it a truce and stop all this bull shit if you will get off my back.

178708_10150978763509828_132565206_o.jpg

I don't want to come across as inflammatory or rude, as I'm from across the pond there are slight culture differences. You are 11 or 12 years old right? If not I'm truly sorry just trying to see where you are coming from.

Hahaha, I didn't read any of his posts, but that picture is AWESOME! I saved it to my photobucket... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mr. Jim Thacker, you are a comedian, and nothing short of that.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, this guy is ACTUALLY legit... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: He HONESTLY believes that this junk he threw together sort of handles halfway decent... :notworthy:

I'll have my Sponsored Builder "Withrow Powersport's

Wait, lol, you found a "builder" that is stupid enough to "sponsor" a recreational rider? Like, someone who doesn't compete... but they "sponsored" you? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This guys stories keep getting better. Keep posting Thackie, this place has been dead lately. We need this.

You hear that Matt? Ketucky isnt too far from me and Ive been wanting to get back into some XC racing and hare scrambles. I dont know if you can set up my 19.25" axis shocks to compete with those yfz shocks, though...What series do you race, Thack?

My question to you, Thack82, is why spend all this money on custom suspension components and arms to run yfz shocks when you could have simply gone with a long travel XC setup already available and be running the longest shocks available for ANY quad? Do you really think those shocks can compete with long travel custom axis setup by Matt for woods riding? Also, you called his work overpriced. Have you shopped around at other suspension companies and see their rates?

Duh, David... YFZ shocks are the best shocks in the world, dontcha know. I mean, all those guys with 450x's NEVER buy aftermarket shocks, because their stockers are the best available! I mean, someone would be stupid to take off their stock YFZ450X shocks for an aftermarket shock. Hell, with this great knowledge brought to us by our resident cobbling expect Mr. Jim Thacker, it seems as though aftermarket shocks are a complete waste... I mean, you can just take some stockers off of a YFZ450X and they're the best shocks possible!

Obviously he has never even looked at my prices, or anyone elses. I couldn't care less if this dude hates me. He's obviously not all there upstairs if he can honestly believe this god awful babble he's spewing. No one in their right mind would honestly believe that a stock yfz450x shock could out perform a built axis shock.

I told him to go ride with you, and promised him he couldn't keep up. Remember, this guy can hit rocks the size as bowling balls with his super sweet mega awesome cobbled together front end.

• 1 month later...

shakar, you ask me for a few pictures for the YFZ-450X/Metal Tech Hybrid Suspension Set Up that I'm running on mu Banshee so I thought I'd go ahead a post some even though it's not completely finished. I'm waiting on Qualex to finish up my Custom Front A-Arm Skid Plates/DG Style Mounting Brackets and my T-304 Stainless Adjustable Link Strut that mounts to my OE rear shock link that will Raise/Lower my Rear End and Shorten and Lengthen my Rear Swingarm by adjusting my Rear Shock Leverage Ratios. I've also got a Frame Mounted Mod-Quad Billet Rear Shock Reservoir Clamp, Pro Taper FAT Handlebars/Grips and a ASR Break Away Brake Lever on the way that I wanted to get installed along with my new Stainless Steel Braided Front/Rear Brake Lines that I've got on the shelf.

You can believe what you want to but this suspension set up works really well. I have the rear shock Spring adjustment let all the way out to lengthen the quad out as much as possible because I've been running it in KOI's 450cc and Under 2/4-Stroke Sport Quad Trail Class (200ft Dirt Drags). I need to compress the Rear Coil 12mm for my weight. When it's adjusted properly the Suspension really soaks up rough trail terrain. Tyler and the guy's at Metal Tech did a good job on the Suspension. The Sock Angle and over all shape and geometry match the YFZX A-Arms pretty much dead on except there shorter to compensate for the wider Banshee frame. I do wish I had got Tyler to make the front end 46" wide (Width of the YFZ-450X) VS the 48" width I told him to go with. I wanted to go with a 48" front width to match my 48" Rear Width that I'm running a +2 Over-Size Forward Powersport's Forged Rear Axle and ITP Deep Dish Rear Wheels. Kevin "Jogaca" from the Blue-Traxx Forum did a great Job on the Shocks.

I've just got a couple more Big Items to buy and I hope I'm done with this quad. I'd Like to eventually like to put Race Tech's Triple Rate Spring Kit and Gold Valves in the front X-Shocks, a Race Tech Dual Rate Spring Kit and Gold Valve in the 2001 Raptor 660R Rear Shock, Buy a set of Stock 102mm Spread Mattoon Billet Cases, Trinity's Billet Balanced 4mil Stroker Crank/Exclusive Forged/Balanced/Lightened Aluminum Pro-Lite Piston Kit for a 4mil Stroke, HiPer Tech Carbon Fiber Wheels with ITP Radial Tire's, and a Stealth Series Trail Tech Vapor/Billet Handle Bar Mount. If I can just obtain those Upgrades I feel like I'll finally be finished.

post-36956-0-81510200-1345236034_thumb.jpg

Ya that is 100% impossible to match the YFZX geo using a banshee frame without modding the frame to match the YFZX frame.

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize you were a custom suspension fabricator.

http://s1262.beta.photobucket.com/user/thack1982/media/YFZ-450X%20Metal%20Tech%20Hybrid%20Suspension/b312fd35.jpg.html