2010 YFZ-450 front Suspension Swap

Thack82

just like your shitty banshee will not ride like a trophy truck, and just like your banshee can not hit a bowling size ball and not feel it.

LOL...

It's like he needs a quick pat on the back every two months or so, so he goes and bumps his own threads that no one gives two shits about. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

It's kinda nice, though, because it gives me the opportunity to read back through all the shit this guy is spewing from his dick sucker and I get a good laugh out of it. I'm in suspense for his next post.

LOL, I always like the drawing posts too, like a drawing will become reality... :rotflmao: I once saw a drawing of Abraham Lincoln riding a T-Rex, that is more likely to be real than anything this clown dreams up.

im all for doing/moding things that no one else has messed with or tried, but would 'nt be alot cheaper & better to jus throw the your shee motor in a 450 chasis.

shoot then youll have your 450 suspenion how it supose to work and the power of the shee :cheers: goodluck

Build your bike the way you want and be happy with it...just dont tell anyone else on here that your stuff is better than what they have...Alot of people get butt hurt on here....build the bike the way you want it and remember....

Haters Gonna Hate

• Like 1

Build your bike the way you want and be happy with it...just dont tell anyone else on here that your stuff is better than what they have...Alot of people get butt hurt on here....build the bike the way you want it and remember....

Haters Gonna Hate

Not quite... the negative feedback is due to the "high marks" Thack gives to himself when he has little experience with REAL banshee suspension setups designed to compliment the banshee. Some of the guys posting here run suspensions that are tried and proven.... and work better than this 450 parts job. Even if you moved the A arm and shock mounts to mimmick the 450 geometry, there is SO much more to it. Wheel placement (forward or back) angle of a arm mounts, how the weight sits, ect.... Sounds kind of like the kid who drives a dodge daytona with a turbo and thinks its competition against a corvette from stop light to stop light (even though he's never ridden in a corvette)

When did I say my Suspension Set Up was better than any other Suspension Set Up made for the Banshee? You all keep saying that, I said the 2009 and up YFZ Suspension Components were a big improvement over the 04-08 Suspension Components, and just because I said my set up performs good in the terrain I ride in you guys jump on the band wagon with MattSCSS and dog the shit out of my Banshee and pic apart everything I say and blow it way out of proportion. The purpose of a forum is to obtain and submit information to help out other people and that's all I'm doing. I'm telling other Banshee riders that a good performing without using aftermarket shocks. I'm not saying its better or it worse eather way. What I did say is the Suspension I'm running is leaps and bounds better over a Stock Banshee Suspension. You guys go along with everything MattSCSS says and he's never even run a Banshee with any type of YFZ-450 shock on it so how does he know? He hasn't come forward with any information on the dozens of guys that he says are running the 2009 and up YFZ Shocks aether. He beats me down on my set up but he told another HQ Member on another BHQ Thread this:

MattSCSS

I agree with this 100%. I personally have never run YFZ shocks on a stock banshee. I am just relaying feedback I have gotten from the customers that I have done re-spring and re-valves for. Granted, almost all of them run the ENTIRE YFZ front end, not just the shocks on stock a-arms. I've never had someone come to me and say their YFZ450 shocks were too stiff. To me, a stiff stock front end with YFZ shocks, would indicate a binding issue. Either lower eyelets binding on the lower a-arm, or a-arm pivot bolts being too tight. Banshees are front heavy. In stock trim, they weigh in at roughly 380lbs. A YFZ450 in stock trim, weighs 340lbs. It's safe to say, that the majority of the extra weight on a banshee is towards the front end of the bike. This is one of the several reasons that triple or quad rate springs are not advisable with aftermarket shocks. Aside from shock angle, the rest of the suspension geometry is pretty much the same on the banshee and YFZ when all YFZ parts are swapped onto the banshee. Essentially, you have stock YFZ suspension, with an extra 40lbs strapped to the front of it; hence the reason that the majority of complaints regarding the shocks are geared toward the softer side.

For the record, I am not totally against running a shock designed for another vehicle. On my own personal bike, I ran Fox snowmobile shocks that I set up for myself...

MattSCSS

Thanks for that lesson on junk shocks that don't belong near ANY ATV, let alone cobbled onto the front end of a banshee.

So I wouldn't put a lot of stock in anything he says. My YFZ-450X Shocks don't belong near ANY ATV, let alone cobbled onto the front end of a banshee but a set of Snowmobile Shocks do? He contradicts everything he says and this is just a few of many examples I've ran across in his post. Like I've said before My old YFZ-450SE/FullFlight Suspension Set Up worked good and my new 2010 YFZ-450X/Metal Tech Set Up works ten times better than it did. I just don't see how you guys can dog my Banshee when you haven't rode a set up that's even similar to the one I'm running now.

It isnt hate. It is the dude is lying. A banshee frame can never have the geo of a yfzx without lots of cutting and modding.

1 the a-arms are too far apart, meaning the pivot points are not the same.

2 the angle of the front end isnt the same, meaning the pivot angle isnt the same.

3 the shock mounts are not the same, meaning different different shock travel and angle.

I didn't say any thing about my frame dumb ass. I said The Sock Angle and over all shape and geometry match the YFZX A-Arms pretty much dead on except there shorter to compensate for the wider Banshee frame. I didn't say exactly the same and the Shock angle is exactly the same as the shock angle on the X. Your running your mouth about shit you don't know about. This is just one more example of you and MattSCSS changing the things I say around and blowing shit out of proportion. Go back and read what somebody says before you say they said it and say there lying about shit. I know your a little slow but damn I thought you could read!

So I wouldn't put a lot of stock in anything he says. My YFZ-450X Shocks don't belong near ANY ATV, let alone cobbled onto the front end of a banshee but a set of Snowmobile Shocks do? He contradicts everything he says and this is just a few of many examples I've ran across in his post. Like I've said before My old YFZ-450SE/FullFlight Suspension Set Up worked good and my new 2010 YFZ-450X/Metal Tech Set Up works ten times better than it did. I just don't see how you guys can dog my Banshee when you haven't rode a set up that's even similar to the one I'm running now.

Perhaps some completely elementary education is due here. The shock bodies that I ran, yes, they were off of a snowmobile. They were NOT the tiny ass little pistons that are in the YFZ450 shocks. They were 51mm bodies with 46mm pistons. They were not simply taken off of a machine, and slapped onto a banshee. I also didn't come in here saying that I cobbled together a shock and could hit rocks the size of bowling balls at 60mph, like you did. I didn't come in here and say my banshee rode like a trophy truck, like you did. I didn't come in here and say it was the best suspension ever, like you did.

What I DID do, was build myself a set of shocks that would perform to my liking. They were NEVER the best shocks money could buy, they were NEVER the best shocks on the market. They also, weren't the cheapest shock that I could have built.

You are trying to pinch pennies, and in the long run, you are cobbling together a shit load of shit that MAY work. Yes, I said 450 shocks WORK, but not well. I still stand behind that. If you're comparing your shit to the way a stock banshee handles, no wonder you think it's so good. I still encourage you to get off your cobble horse, and ride a PROPERLY built bike. Banshee's WILL NEVER HANDLE AS WELL AS A BUILT 450. POINT BLANK.

No one is twisting your words, and no one is making up lies. Stock 450 shocks do not belong anywhere near a stock banshee setup. Sounds to me like you're the one taking things out of context now, isn't it.

I think you're over engineering, and over analyzing something that people have already proven time and tme again for 20 years. Shock angle is one of the most important aspects of setting up properly built suspension. Bolting 450 a-arms onto a banshee frame will give you roughly the same geometry as a YFZ450, but with completely fucked up shock angle. What about that was hard to grasp from my previous posts? Get the a-arm pivots closer together, fix the shock angle, and POW, you've got a stock 450. Pretty much an over engineered waste when you consider you're doing all of this hoopla to get you right in line with an OEM YFZ450... Yes, this is 100% a waste. A complete failure in outperforming a properly built bike. If it works for you, fine, but coming on here saying that it's GOOD suspension is a flat out lie. I don't think you know what good suspension feels like. I don't think you've ever strapped yourself into a machine with 24-30" of travel, and done 120mph over a whoop section in Baja. I have. I have also built the suspension for NUMEROUS vehicle that have ran the enitre SCORE series.

No one here is making anything up, except you. No one is following what I say. No one is being persuaded by me whatsoever. The fact of the matter is, no one is going to pat you on the back for doing something that is useless. The amount of money and effort you've put into your stock 450 front end, is akin to polishing the inside of your banshee cases.

End of story. You continue to think that your suspension is super cool totally awesome, and we'll all keep knowing the truth. Ignorance is bliss, right?

Alrighty Thack. So I've tried to remain neutral and see this thru to give you the benefit for your efforts while you get ragged on, but I gotta say you're offering a lot of confusing and conflicting thoughts and info here.

Did I understand you correctly that you mostly do woods and aggressive trail riding? If so - then why on earth would you want to build a 10 mill motor??? In another statement you say you wana build a 4 mill....

Besides all of the obvious babble - suspesion design, geo, ect.... that you've thrown at us, you also mention an adjustable length swing arm that is controlled by adjusting a spring. Did I read that right? I have never heard of one of these and would like to know more about it. In a previous post you say you wana a +3 swing arm from Ace.....

Looking at your pics it looks like you are running a long swing arm already. Am I seeing that correctly? If so, then again why for a woods setup.

Also, it looks like you are running 3/2 front wheels. Am I right here too? You gripe about having made your front end 48" wide and that you would prefer 46" for your type of riding. Why not run 4/1 wheels? That alone will offer a considerable handling improvement and fix your width issue.

You also mention having a custom frame built that will allow you to run an electric fan. Again - WHY ?? Why not start with a cool head and an oversized radiator. Those upgrades will easily handle any overheating issues.

You're like a pig pong ball with your postings and info - you're all over the place.

Help your self out here a bit - You're just throwing gas onto to your own flaming here......

Alrighty Thack. So I've tried to remain neutral and see this thru to give you the benefit for your efforts while you get ragged on, but I gotta say you're offering a lot of confusing and conflicting thoughts and info here.

Did I understand you correctly that you mostly do woods and aggressive trail riding? If so - then why on earth would you want to build a 10 mill motor??? In another statement you say you wana build a 4 mill....

Besides all of the obvious babble - suspesion design, geo, ect.... that you've thrown at us, you also mention an adjustable length swing arm that is controlled by adjusting a spring. Did I read that right? I have never heard of one of these and would like to know more about it. In a previous post you say you wana a +3 swing arm from Ace.....

Looking at your pics it looks like you are running a long swing arm already. Am I seeing that correctly? If so, then again why for a woods setup.

Also, it looks like you are running 3/2 front wheels. Am I right here too? You gripe about having made your front end 48" wide and that you would prefer 46" for your type of riding. Why not run 4/1 wheels? That alone will offer a considerable handling improvement and fix your width issue.

You also mention having a custom frame built that will allow you to run an electric fan. Again - WHY ?? Why not start with a cool head and an oversized radiator. Those upgrades will easily handle any overheating issues.

You're like a pig pong ball with your postings and info - you're all over the place.

Help your self out here a bit - You're just throwing gas onto to your own flaming here......

Great post. You spent a lot of time analyzing his posts, when everyone else ignores them, however:

2wm3x36.gif

beathorse0xl.gif

thdeadhorse.gif

Great post. You spent a lot of time analyzing his posts, when everyone else ignores them, however:

2wm3x36.gif

beathorse0xl.gif

thdeadhorse.gif

LOL !!! Thanks Matt - I figured you have some additional thoughts on this.

I just wana see if this guy can did out of his own hole at all............

shakar, you ask me for a few pictures for the YFZ-450X/Metal Tech Hybrid Suspension Set Up that I'm running on mu Banshee so I thought I'd go ahead a post some even though it's not completely finished. I'm waiting on Qualex to finish up my Custom Front A-Arm Skid Plates/DG Style Mounting Brackets and my T-304 Stainless Adjustable Link Strut that mounts to my OE rear shock link that will Raise/Lower my Rear End and Shorten and Lengthen my Rear Swingarm by adjusting my Rear Shock Leverage Ratios. I've also got a Frame Mounted Mod-Quad Billet Rear Shock Reservoir Clamp, Pro Taper FAT Handlebars/Grips and a ASR Break Away Brake Lever on the way that I wanted to get installed along with my new Stainless Steel Braided Front/Rear Brake Lines that I've got on the shelf.

You can believe what you want to but this suspension set up works really well. I have the rear shock Spring adjustment let all the way out to lengthen the quad out as much as possible because I've been running it in KOI's 450cc and Under 2/4-Stroke Sport Quad Trail Class (200ft Dirt Drags). I need to compress the Rear Coil 12mm for my weight. When it's adjusted properly the Suspension really soaks up rough trail terrain. Tyler and the guy's at Metal Tech did a good job on the Suspension. The Sock Angle and over all shape and geometry match the YFZX A-Arms pretty much dead on except there shorter to compensate for the wider Banshee frame. I do wish I had got Tyler to make the front end 46" wide (Width of the YFZ-450X) VS the 48" width I told him to go with. I wanted to go with a 48" front width to match my 48" Rear Width that I'm running a +2 Over-Size Forward Powersport's Forged Rear Axle and ITP Deep Dish Rear Wheels. Kevin "Jogaca" from the Blue-Traxx Forum did a great Job on the Shocks.

I've just got a couple more Big Items to buy and I hope I'm done with this quad. I'd Like to eventually like to put Race Tech's Triple Rate Spring Kit and Gold Valves in the front X-Shocks, a Race Tech Dual Rate Spring Kit and Gold Valve in the 2001 Raptor 660R Rear Shock, Buy a set of Stock 102mm Spread Mattoon Billet Cases, Trinity's Billet Balanced 4mil Stroker Crank/Exclusive Forged/Balanced/Lightened Aluminum Pro-Lite Piston Kit for a 4mil Stroke, HiPer Tech Carbon Fiber Wheels with ITP Radial Tire's, and a Stealth Series Trail Tech Vapor/Billet Handle Bar Mount. If I can just obtain those Upgrades I feel like I'll finally be finished.

Did anyone notice all the name dropping?

Listen I'm the last guy to go to for suspension, but you seem like the kind of person that reads a lot of atv magazines and you know all the parts but you don't really know what your talking about. Just because you know all the parts and say that's what your going with our that's what you want to get doesn't impress people.

But that's just how you're coming off.