2010 YFZ-450 front Suspension Swap

Thack82

Did anyone notice all the name dropping?

Listen I'm the last guy to go to for suspension, but you seem like the kind of person that reads a lot of atv magazines and you know all the parts but you don't really know what your talking about. Just because you know all the parts and say that's what your going with our that's what you want to get doesn't impress people.

But that's just how you're coming off.

You took the words right out of my mouth sheerider. ... ever since he posted something about using "Z-Max" micro lube or whatever its called,i knew something sounded funky. Like an article out of DirtWheels.

Alrighty Thack. So I've tried to remain neutral and see this thru to give you the benefit for your efforts while you get ragged on, but I gotta say you're offering a lot of confusing and conflicting thoughts and info here.

Did I understand you correctly that you mostly do woods and aggressive trail riding? If so - then why on earth would you want to build a 10 mill motor??? In another statement you say you wana build a 4 mill....

Besides all of the obvious babble - suspesion design, geo, ect.... that you've thrown at us, you also mention an adjustable length swing arm that is controlled by adjusting a spring. Did I read that right? I have never heard of one of these and would like to know more about it. In a previous post you say you wana a +3 swing arm from Ace.....

Looking at your pics it looks like you are running a long swing arm already. Am I seeing that correctly? If so, then again why for a woods setup.

Also, it looks like you are running 3/2 front wheels. Am I right here too? You gripe about having made your front end 48" wide and that you would prefer 46" for your type of riding. Why not run 4/1 wheels? That alone will offer a considerable handling improvement and fix your width issue.

You also mention having a custom frame built that will allow you to run an electric fan. Again - WHY ?? Why not start with a cool head and an oversized radiator. Those upgrades will easily handle any overheating issues.

You're like a pig pong ball with your postings and info - you're all over the place.

Help your self out here a bit - You're just throwing gas onto to your own flaming here......

I can see how some of that could be confusing. The Post your looking at are older post that I posted in order to get input on idea's. I'll explain in the order you have them listed.

When I built my motor I made the mistake of going back with Trinity's Stock Stroke Crank. Like everybody else I wanted to get all the power possible out of my Motor. After doing some research I found out that a bigger Stroked motor makes more torque and I thought more torque would be better for the type of riding I do. I also drag race my Banshee against my buddies in the river bottoms and I run the dirt drags at the near by County Fairs and I wanted to be fast there as well. I didn't want to make the same mistake I made previously, so I wanted to go back with the biggest stroker crank possible that I could run with my current Serval Top End. I'm still running the Stock Stroke Crank as of right now, but I do plan going with a 4mil Crank the next time I get into the bottom end.

I'm having a machine shop build me a Adjustable Rear Link "Strut" that bolts to my stock rear Linkage that will adjust the angle and leverage ratio on the rear shock. Dura-Blue and a few other company's make these but there longer and used to lower the back end of the quad for drag racing, I'm getting a shorter version made, this will allow me to pull the linkage into a slightly different position and raise the belly of the quad up a little and put the swingarm at a steeper anger therefor shorting it.

dura_blue_atv_lowering_kits.jpg

Yes I do spend most of the time in the Woods. I'm sure some of the other guys on here from Kentucky will tell you that the trails that we ride in are pretty rough. Most of them are washed out, littered with Cedar Tree's, Limestone Rock and Sycamore tree Roots.

Before I found out about the guys at Metal Tech I was looking into a +3 Ace Fabrication Swingarm because I liked the Round House Carrier Set Up and Chain Adjustment on it. When I decided to have Metal Tech build my A-Arms I went ahead and had him build me a matching +3 Heavy Duty Oval Tube Swingarm with a Round House Dual Row Bearing Billet Carrier. I have found out in my experiences riding that a Wider Longer Quad is more stable and rides better than a narrower shorter quad. This helps with rider fatigue, 95% of the time fatigue is what causes issues with me racing in the woods. After I get tired I have trouble riding my Banshee at its full potential. I guess that's normal for somebody that's a few months away from 30 thats racing with guys that are 18 to 20 years old.

I would like to buy a set of Hiper carbon fiber wheels that have the 4/1offset in the front like the ones your talking about. I bought the Douglass Yellow Label wheels that are on my Banshee before I got aftermarket A-Arms and I wanted that dish to widen out the front a little bit for a little added stability. You are right the 3/2 Front Offset the deep dish rear ITP T- 9's I'm running is not the best choice for the suspension set up I'm running now. But I do plan on changing that in the future. I posted the Hiper wheels and the 4mil crank along with a few other items on a previous post on this thread as things I plan on changing.

As far as the Cooling Mods go I'm running a Mull Racing Billet Water Pump Gear & Impeller, Trinity Stage IV Cool Head, Oversized Aluminum Radiator, CV-4 High Pressure Radiator Cap, ASV Silicon Hoses, Mod Quad Inline Billet Coolers, Radiator Air Channel Scoop, and the CP Seravl Mono Block Cylinder Set Up that has more coolant Holding Capacity. I also run ATV Blue Engine Ice with Royal Purple's Purple Ice Coolant Additive. Although I haven't had any boil overs since I went with the Seval Top End I'm still a little paranoid when it come to the banshee's infamous overheating issues. I had all these cooling mods and I still fried my previous top end and cylinders twice do to my engine over heating in the woods.

You took the words right out of my mouth sheerider. ... ever since he posted something about using "Z-Max" micro lube or whatever its called,i knew something sounded funky. Like an article out of DirtWheels.

Z-Max is used in car engines, as far as I know I'm the only one that's ever used Z-Max on or in a ATV for anything. Oh and by the way its "Hyper Lubricant" not "Mico Lubricant".

really?

you need to shut your mouth before you talk, it is a fucking mirco lubricant.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_engine-and-fuel-micro-lubricant-z-max_7080032-p

http://www.zmax.com/

oh shit fuck piss ass burn.

Seems to be the way this entire thread is going. He spews information he has no knowledge about hoping that he can capitalize enough first letters, and throw out enough product names that he looks pseudo intelligent.

Just read about his super top secret black magic swing arm shortening technique. He's going to lift the bike to shorten his swing arm. Sounds like it'll work just as well as his suspension. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: