NEW INFRAMES

PassionRE

Cant wait cant wait. I want to try these out on my new build BADLY!!

Forgot to add that the stinger tubes AND silencers will be resonance matched to the pipe...a industry first. At a later date we will offer resonance matched intakes for a variety of engine formats currently being used. Initial testing yielded 4% increase in HP on 421 cubs with just the intakes(no other changes) Ill post up the dyno results of the intakes when I get a chance. Unless you were a part of Yamaha or Aprilia road race team, nobody has had access to this level of technology until now....Jim

Wow, road race technology in a lil' ol banshee. Sounds cool to me. I am workin with TSS on road race pv set up for my new cheetah, so I can dig the high tech. But what exactly is resonance tuning, and how does it work? Any one else harbor the belief that a banshee may soon run 4 stroke torque and street bike power after jim has a few more sleep less years?

A banshee motor have the same torque curve of a 4 stroke, doubtful.

Add powervalves into play...possible.

It's not how much torque a 4 stroke makes, it's how it makes it.

It's like comparing a diesel to a gas engine...two different worlds!!!

Wow, road race technology in a lil' ol banshee. Sounds cool to me. I am workin with TSS on road race pv set up for my new cheetah, so I can dig the high tech. But what exactly is resonance tuning, and how does it work? Any one else harbor the belief that a banshee may soon run 4 stroke torque and street bike power after jim has a few more sleep less years?

Resonance is calculating the larger amplitude oscillations of the air coming down a pipe or manifold to use its useful pressure pulses to help with scavenging and or supercharging ( Ram Air ). When air goes down the pipe it causes a vacuum but after it goes so far it turns around and comes back causing a positive wave and if it is tuned right it can push air into the motor or suck it out. Here's an example... With longer manifolds air is still coming down the manifold after the piston goes past TDC and starts to descend, causing that air to compress into the crankcase just as the reeds close making it higher than atmospheric pressure. That will make the engine lightly supercharged and it is free for the taking. We will offer manifolds in the future that will match up to our pipes. On our very first set of manifolds we gained 4 horse-power without tuning. That tuned intake length was 250mm from the reed tip to the bell of the carburetor at the filter. That info is for anybody wanting to try out some manifolds of their own. Anybody that is interested in this science should Google Hermann Von Helmholtz, Helmholtz resonator, and Resonance for reference.

When air is forced into a cavity, the pressure inside increases. When the external force pushing the air into the cavity is removed, the higher-pressure air inside will flow out. However, this surge of air flowing out will tend to over-compensate, due to the inertia of the air in the neck, and the cavity will be left at a pressure slightly lower than the outside, causing air to be drawn back in. This process repeats with the magnitude of the pressure changes decreasing each time. IF you take the engines natural frequency at rated peak hp and match it to the natural tuned frequency of the manifold, you can retain more AF mixture for the engine to process. Basicly a supercharge effect if you will. This holds true from literally the air filters to the silencer. If all is matched, peak efficiency will occur. All engines designed for a certain drag coefficient ultimately will make only so much HP within reason. If you can reach max efficiency, you can make this engine produce this number at a lower rpm...making for a much more violent engine that will pull more gear and tire. In drag racing, 9500rpm is 9500rpm from engine to engine. The bike that has the more violent power delivery and pulls more tire and gear at 9500 rpm is going to win ,with everything else being the same as in rider ability,engine displacemnt, traction etc. etc. Resonance tuning allows port configurations to be designed to make the power you looking for at a higher effective displacement layout.Theres a lot more to it but thats the simple explanation. Bottom line, it's trick, it's fast, and it's coming your way....Jim

When air is forced into a cavity, the pressure inside increases. When the external force pushing the air into the cavity is removed, the higher-pressure air inside will flow out. However, this surge of air flowing out will tend to over-compensate, due to the inertia of the air in the neck, and the cavity will be left at a pressure slightly lower than the outside, causing air to be drawn back in. This process repeats with the magnitude of the pressure changes decreasing each time. IF you take the engines natural frequency at rated peak hp and match it to the natural tuned frequency of the manifold, you can retain more AF mixture for the engine to process. Basicly a supercharge effect if you will. This holds true from literally the air filters to the silencer. If all is matched, peak efficiency will occur. All engines designed for a certain drag coefficient ultimately will make only so much HP within reason. If you can reach max efficiency, you can make this engine produce this number at a lower rpm...making for a much more violent engine that will pull more gear and tire. In drag racing, 9500rpm is 9500rpm from engine to engine. The bike that has the more violent power delivery and pulls more tire and gear at 9500 rpm is going to win ,with everything else being the same as in rider ability,engine displacemnt, traction etc. etc. Resonance tuning allows port configurations to be designed to make the power your looking for at a higher effective displacement layout.Theres a lot more to it but thats the simple explanation. Bottom line, it's trick, it's fast, and it's coming your way....Jim

Forgot to add that the stinger tubes AND silencers will be resonance matched to the pipe...a industry first. At a later date we will offer resonance matched intakes for a variety of engine formats currently being used. Initial testing yielded 4% increase in HP on 421 cubs with just the intakes(no other changes) Ill post up the dyno results of the intakes when I get a chance. Unless you were a part of Yamaha or Aprilia road race team, nobody has had access to this level of technology until now....Jim

SWEET!!

Now dont forget mines not a cub. Its a stock jug 4mill. 380cc if I did my math right. 379 is what i hear most people call it. Ill get you all the info you need to match up a set for me. Any Idea on release date and cost yet? Yo can pm me if you like.

i believe this resonance is also known as volumetic effeciency? most motors cannot fill their volume without some help a 100% VE motor can fill all its cc's itself. and that hard to do sometimes. most motors are around 88-98% v.e. using resonance OR the weight of the air moving to help push the fuel/ air into a motor AFTER the piston has slowed down and stoped ( why i dont really believe a vacume cylinder head measureing device can't really show whats going on in a motor due to continous pull instead of speeding and slowing down flow as what happens in a motor_) using the extra weight of air OR using valves AND the piston to artificially charge a motor works pretty good. but its hard to imagine because of the way things only work due to the same way of doing things for so long... i kinda like velocity instead of slower volume.. and VE kinda plays into that..

i used to deal with V.E. in newer cars and mass air flow sensors,, only a couple vehicles can do 100% VE. getting a 2 stroke to do it would be cool you would know for sure that the motor is running to its potential. what i have asked in the past and NEVER gottena complete answer is WHAT is the V.E. of a banshee?? what can different cylinders V.E.'s do? how can you measure that in a 2 stroke. ( i cannot rember all the math i had to use to see if a motor and MAF sensor were working together correctly.)

i think MULL enginerring has a intake that uses resonance to boost intake..??

i believe this resonance is also known as volumetic effeciency? most motors cannot fill their volume without some help a 100% VE motor can fill all its cc's itself. and that hard to do sometimes. most motors are around 88-98% v.e. using resonance OR the weight of the air moving to help push the fuel/ air into a motor AFTER the piston has slowed down and stoped ( why i dont really believe a vacume cylinder head measureing device can't really show whats going on in a motor due to continous pull instead of speeding and slowing down flow as what happens in a motor_) using the extra weight of air OR using valves AND the piston to artificially charge a motor works pretty good. but its hard to imagine because of the way things only work due to the same way of doing things for so long... i kinda like velocity instead of slower volume.. and VE kinda plays into that..

i used to deal with V.E. in newer cars and mass air flow sensors,, only a couple vehicles can do 100% VE. getting a 2 stroke to do it would be cool you would know for sure that the motor is running to its potential. what i have asked in the past and NEVER gottena complete answer is WHAT is the V.E. of a banshee?? what can different cylinders V.E.'s do? how can you measure that in a 2 stroke. ( i cannot rember all the math i had to use to see if a motor and MAF sensor were working together correctly.)

i think MULL enginerring has a intake that uses resonance to boost intake..??

You are right about volumetric efficiency not being 100%. The only way I know to check VE is to put transducers in the crankcase and in the intake manifold and a MAF sensor connected to a data recorder, then compare the pressures to the atmospheric pressure at your altitude. If you have just a MAF reading in (Lb/Min) and the temperature the day of the test I can figure the volumetric efficiency from math. But seeing the pressures differences between the crankcase and manifold at reed closing would tell me more.

The guys over at TSS have some really cool stuff. They have really been doing their homework too. If anyone hasn't checked them out before goto the two stroke shop and look at their 500cc motor. They are doing a lot with crank positions, ignition, intakes, head designs, all kinds of stuff.