AVGAS 100LL

Lets hear your opinions from you/the guys that "have" run it, not heard of running it or read about running it!

Do you run it straight?

Do you run it 50/50 with pump?

Whats your results?

I ran it in my sled for years with great results.

So i decided to grab a bunch and run it 100% in the shee and i love it, took my motor apart tonight after running it all weekend and everything looked the same as before ..Perfect.

Seems to run smoother, start better and hell, more crisp and more power i bet, but no before and after dyno so who cares then anyway. Smells so damn good...well when i let my buddy take it out for a dig i loved riding behind my shee so sweet smelling and damn cheep too....

So lets hear your real world results using it!???!

Edited by savage420

question, are you running enough compression and advanced timing

to warrent the need for a higher octane fuel?

Of course :thumbsup:

Who would want to run it with out being advanced and more comp!

I run it in mine as well, 170 psi +8 timing 4 mil stroker. runs just like it should burns real clean too. I got a good deal on a jug of 110 race fuel last year, ran that 60/40 with premium pump gas. no difference from the avgas. and for the price cant beat it!

I know alot of guys around here that run it without any problems. I like peace of mind, so I don't myself. But I know these guys run it straight, and have not had any issues. But then again, these are the same guys who don't rebuild their own motors, so they don't know what it looks like.

I'd say your good, but I myself stay away from it. I don't like the science behind it all. Plus it is the same price here at the local airport as Sunoco CAM2 116 Maximal is. So I go with CAM2 and mix that 50/50 with 93 Sunoco to get 105. I have 190 PSI. Works good with no signs of detonation.

The AV GAS that we have around here smells like rotten eggs. Unless that is the oil the one guy uses in his banshee (Golden Spectro). But that bike reaks...

Light years ahead of any pump gas. Can leave it in your carbs for years and leaves no deposits try that with pump gas. Its like 102 motor octane so its inbetween pump and race gas about like running a 50/50 mix. A lot of people dog on it but its a very consistant fuel that burns clean and smells great. :thumbsup:

Light years ahead of any pump gas. Can leave it in your carbs for years and leaves no deposits try that with pump gas. Its like 102 motor octane so its inbetween pump and race gas about like running a 50/50 mix. A lot of people dog on it but its a very consistant fuel that burns clean and smells great. :thumbsup:

Yes it does smell great :thumbsup: I let my buddy try out my shee for the first time today and i tried out his KFX450 and the fucker didn't want to give my shee back for ever and i could not catch up to him to get it back....but i didn't mind cause i was just enjoying the smell while trying to catch him with a shit eating grin on his face HAHA....it's all i will run now in all my toys!

Fuck pump gas :laugh:

RealTreeHD where are you getting the Sunoco CAM2 116 ? I was at Gap Racing on Friday and they want $65 and up for a 5 gallon can of VP race gas. I was planning on going to the airport and running AV in my new 250r, but if I there's somewhere I can pick up that Sunoco CAM2 116 and its the same price as AV... I'll give the CAM2 a try.

Lets hear your opinions from you/the guys that "have" run it, not heard of running it or read about running it!

Do you run it straight?

Do you run it 50/50 with pump?

Whats your results?

I ran it in my sled for years with great results.

So i decided to grab a bunch and run it 100% in the shee and i love it, took my motor apart tonight after running it all weekend and everything looked the same as before ..Perfect.

Seems to run smoother, start better and hell, more crisp and more power i bet, but no before and after dyno so who cares then anyway. Smells so damn good...well when i let my buddy take it out for a dig i loved riding behind my shee so sweet smelling and damn cheep too....

So lets hear your real world results using it!???!

I've ran it in all my bikes with no problems. I also run 100% AV gas in my 406 chevy for 8 years now with no problems. It turned my exaust pipes white on the car.

Just my $.02. I worked at a small airport for years as a ground equipment mechanic. Used to repair all the vehicles that towed, fueled, powered and de-iced aircraft. At this airport we ran mostly gas equipment and they all ran on the Avgas since no one ever wanted to drive to the Mogas pump. This stuff wreaked havoc on the gas engines. Always changing spark plugs that were completely fouled with lead, burnt exhaust valves, blown head gaskets, lots of frequent repairs. When the owners finally got smart and insisted guys only put the Mogas in these vehicles it got rid of alot of maintenance issues. These were all carburated, old Ford 300 straight 6's or Chrysler 224 slant 6's. One tow around with a V8 hemi that ran like a raped date.

I personally dont like the stuff but popular opinion says its running pretty good in most guys bikes. I used to run with the 2 stroke race boat crowd and nobody ran the stuff. Used to seem to cause problems in motors when guys used it but a 2 stroke powerhead for a boat is alot different then our shee's. Chrome or Nickel cyls, stuff like that.

You know the old saying. Opinions are like assholes. We all hav'em and they all stink!