COIL/PLUG WIRES

wittle350

I had some old coils layin around that are good and some 8mm plug wires from street rod build and wanted to see if they would fit in the coil and they did. I guess my question is will the 8mm plug wires do any damage to my motor? Has anyone else done this? Just want different color of plug wires.

I had some old coils layin around that are good and some 8mm plug wires from street rod build and wanted to see if they would fit in the coil and they did. I guess my question is will the 8mm plug wires do any damage to my motor? Has anyone else done this? Just want different color of plug wires.

What kind of coil do you have these wires put on. I dont see any problem with running the plug wires. The only coil I have seen where you could do this was with a Nology Coil. You can just throw any coil on your banshee. They have to have certain primary and secondary winding resistance.

josh

Yea I guess if that work then it should be ok. They are just plug wires. I thought maybe you had a nology coil They have post like automotive distribuitor you just snap the wires on the coil and on the plugs.

josh

How much does a Nology coil usually cost?

No i dont think i would even try anything like that with some plug wires,lol not that redneckish

Wow, I have to take a look at the stocker I just pulled. I could have swork those wires didnt come off. Maybe it's just the plug boots Im thinking of.

I think I paid like 140 for my Nology with the hotwires. But then youll have to fab up a bracket to mount it on. I just used some angle aluminum.