Who's runnin' -1 or -2 swingers

Bancheez

I have been thinking of trying a -1 or -2 swingarm on my 'shee, but i wanted to get some opinions b-4 spending the $. S0, what length swinger you runnin'?, what kind of riding do you do?, and ow does the shorter swinger affect the handling? My 'shee is pretty much a full MX bike (see sig), but i do mainly trail riding with the occasional trip to the track. Thanx in advance.

I'm just trail riding and I have a -1 LSR swinger with roundhouse carrier and skid mounts. See the pic of my 2001 in my sig. I think it's a good addition if you do the +2 +1 arms. It moves the center of gravity more towards the actual center of the bike, but not actually shortening the overall length (+1 out front, -1 in the back), and it will handle a lot better in the trails.

Overall, I would NOT pay the $600 or whatever the company's are asking for a new one, it wont make that much of a difference over stock unless you are really really serious and have other suspension mods to go along with it. I picked mine up for 150, PCed it, and rebuilt the carrier so the hole thing cost me about $250. Don't forget you really should have the rear shock rebuilt (or buy a new shock) to match the swingarm. That's when I noticed an even bigger difference.

I'm just trail riding and I have a -1 LSR swinger with roundhouse carrier and skid mounts. See the pic of my 2001 in my sig. I think it's a good addition if you do the +2 +1 arms. It moves the center of gravity more towards the actual center of the bike, but not actually shortening the overall length (+1 out front, -1 in the back), and it will handle a lot better in the trails.

Overall, I would NOT pay the $600 or whatever the company's are asking for a new one, it wont make that much of a difference over stock unless you are really really serious and have other suspension mods to go along with it. I picked mine up for 150, PCed it, and rebuilt the carrier so the hole thing cost me about $250. Don't forget you really should have the rear shock rebuilt (or buy a new shock) to match the swingarm. That's when I noticed an even bigger difference.

you got a good deal on that swinger. whered you find it?

Well, i already have a $700 Ace fabrication chromoly swingarm w/ round housing. it is supposed to be stock length, but it is more like a +1/2 or +3/4, I had to add a link to my chain just to make it work with my swingarm. I am contemplating just having someone shorten the one i have got, so if anyone out there has the ability to do this, let me know, Thanx.

Well, i already have a $700 Ace fabrication chromoly swingarm w/ round housing. it is supposed to be stock length, but it is more like a +1/2 or +3/4, I had to add a link to my chain just to make it work with my swingarm. I am contemplating just having someone shorten the one i have got, so if anyone out there has the ability to do this, let me know, Thanx.

i dont know if he still does it but locogato used to cut stock swingers. hit him up

you got a good deal on that swinger. whered you find it?

On here! It's the older style with only 1 pinch bolt on either side. It was painted purple over rust and the carrier bearings (all 4) were shot. So I sandblasted it, sent it out for PC, installed new bearings seals, and chain sliders. And rode it. If you keep your eyes open and don't mind waiting there are some deals to be had on here, check craigslist too.

On here! It's the older style with only 1 pinch bolt on either side. It was painted purple over rust and the carrier bearings (all 4) were shot. So I sandblasted it, sent it out for PC, installed new bearings seals, and chain sliders. And rode it. If you keep your eyes open and don't mind waiting there are some deals to be had on here, check craigslist too.

okay thanks

I have been thinking of trying a -1 or -2 swingarm on my 'shee, but i wanted to get some opinions b-4 spending the $. S0, what length swinger you runnin'?, what kind of riding do you do?, and ow does the shorter swinger affect the handling? My 'shee is pretty much a full MX bike (see sig), but i do mainly trail riding with the occasional trip to the track. Thanx in advance.

get a -2 worth it

pm me w any questions

get a -2 worth it

pm me w any questions

i cut my own down. there was a post on here bout 3years ago, that pics with each step, and measurements. it was easy to do. then i had it painted to match my aarms and shit all at the same time. im a light guy, 130 soaking wet, and this was the best move i did. i get way more traction now. i have alot of ppl give me crap about it, saying i should have bought new tires or ate more.....but it worked great for me. and now when i ride stock length shees...thats my biggest issue right after the thumb throttle.....so gay :down:

i would say do it for sure....but i only had bout 150 into redoing all bushings front and rear and paint.....best mod i did. period.

my brother and freinds have all gone with +2 or +4.......i eprsonally think they handle worse,a nd certanly dont have enough power to ever use it.....