Mikuni tm28mm flats on a stock Banshee does anyone know the jetting specs?

Hi i have a 2003 stock banshee and would like to upgrade to tm28 mikunis.

does anyone have an idea of wherei should start the jetting as regards to needles,

pilots, mains etc specifications. Bike is stock and i am at sea level. Your opnions

are appreciated.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with no mods or pipes id stick with the stocker carbs!

well i put the 28's on about a year ago and nearly got them going well felt hell of a difference in the power delivery and a lot smoother,

but i had a slight hesitation before the power band only in 4th and 5th gear, was wondering if any1 had tried these or knows a good jetting

start line, found them the other day so thought i'd have another crack at them so im willing to hear your ideas. Thanks.

These carbs are a great addition to any shee. Both my modded shees (rz shee /banshee) have these carbs and they work well everywhere. For both I run a 20 pilot jet. The air screw on these carbs make a huge difference in low end performance, so you will have to work with them. I run stock needles and run a p-4 needle jet on the RZ and a p-8 (stock 28 needle jet) on the shee. The rz runs a 340 main and the shee runs a 300 main.

chris

I dont know what slide cutout you have to have. I think I have the rest of the specs written down somewhere. I run the same carbs and they have to be setup a certain way to work right. If you got em, then run em. It may cost some money for the right needles, mains, pilots, slide cutouts, needle/seat, and nozzles though. I just had Dyno Dave do a set for me and it cost about $100 for the right parts.

Edited by Snopczynski

I dont know what slide cutout you have to have. I think I have the rest of the specs written down somewhere. I run the same carbs and they have to be setup a certain way to work right. If you got em, then run em. It may cost some money for the right needles, mains, pilots, slide cutouts, needle/seat, and nozzles though. I just had Dyno Dave do a set for me and it cost about $100 for the right parts.

where can i get a set including all the parts you have from dyno dave?

You can send them up here to me and I can have Dave go through them and set them up for you. PM ME.

I am in the UK Wales at the moment so is a bit far for me. Is there a kit he can provide with instructions that i could order and buy from him?

remember this is a setup for a stock bike. Regards Dave.

I am in the UK Wales at the moment so is a bit far for me. Is there a kit he can provide with instructions that i could order and buy from him?

remember this is a setup for a stock bike. Regards Dave.

There is more than one slide available for the tm28. The biggest thing is I wont be able to find out which slide you need or which nozzle. This is probably what your problem is. So to get that stuff fixed, you got to ship the carbs over. Dave did alot of dyno testing on these carbs and wont let the cat out of the bag on those components. Float level and the needle/seat size are also something he checks for.

I have run two sets of tm28's that he setup, and just had another set done for a guy. They work pretty damn good.