Mikuni tm28mm flats on a stock Banshee does anyone know the jetting specs?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any one out there who can help? someone must know.

I can tell you mainjet size, but that's all I remember. Nobody else is gonna know the critical stuff like pilot jet, needle, nozzle, float height, needle/seat size, and slide cutout. I and maybe one other member on here are the only ones that dink with these carbs. You can't just order a set for a banshee, they have to be setup for it. So you either got to set them up on your own, or have someone who knows how do it.

• 2 weeks later...

so guys can you give me your specs and numbers of jets pilots mainsyou think would be close with these carbs on a stocker??

i really like to give this another go because the carbs wern't cheap and i'd like to get it dialed in if possible, Thanks. lots of number!!! Thanks, Dave.

so guys can you give me your specs and numbers of jets pilots mainsyou think would be close with these carbs on a stocker??

i really like to give this another go because the carbs wern't cheap and i'd like to get it dialed in if possible, Thanks. lots of number!!! Thanks, Dave.

Your gonna have to wait till I change my mains and needle settings this week.

ok found it here are the settings that were recommended by the pro's that sold me

the carbs and said they were roughly where i should be on jetting, the bike would start and

warm up then just cut out after a few mins, also there was a bog pretty much when i

opened the throttle in any gear. Any comments would be welcome. Thanks.

post-29543-1218635903_thumb.jpg

ok im gonna take a theoretcial stab at this, going from 26 to 28 mm will let more air flow into the engine hence i have to increase my main jet size from stock 200 and start say about 240 and see what happens, the stock pilot is 25 so i think i will stick to this size to see how the bike idles at this size, any comments on my thinking here??

I also just purchased a set of TM28's, and would definitely like to see how things work with these carbs.

Snop, can I use the jets I have purchased for stock Mikuni 26's on the TM28's?

The main jets are the same.

The 200-240 size seems way too small to me. I run between a 380-410 main jet.

What are you mods Snop? Right now I'm running a 320 main in the stock Mikunis. Would I be using around 1-2 sizes larger with the Flatslides due to the larger diameter, or do I need to go even larger to account for the differences in the slide type, design, etc?

I take it the pilot jets are different in the flats, do you know what part # Mikuni uses for the pilots?

What are you mods Snop? Right now I'm running a 320 main in the stock Mikunis. Would I be using around 1-2 sizes larger with the Flatslides due to the larger diameter, or do I need to go even larger to account for the differences in the slide type, design, etc?

I take it the pilot jets are different in the flats, do you know what part # Mikuni uses for the pilots?

What do you mean by pilot jet sizes are different in the flats?

Different than the pilots in the stock carbs in terms of fitment.

Meaning, can I take my 27.5 pilot out of my stock carb and install it into my flatslides.

yes. There are alot of other things that have to be right in the tm28 for it to work right though.

yes. There are alot of other things that have to be right in the tm28 for it to work right though.

Well that's the case with every carb you use. The mains, needles, cutaways, airscrews and pilots all have to be tailored towards your vehicle application. Doesn't matter if they're flatslides, 34mm PJ's or anything else.

He's just trying to get an understanding of what you're using in your setup so he can make some baseline determinations for himself.