got smoked today a few times

blanco25

Today early morning went for a ride at dumont. Smoked my boy on a yfz450. Then this guy rolled up with a raptor looking like thing it was fast a hell. he said hes been clocked going up the hill at 83mph. I thought i might have a chance now way. Dude had a yamaha r1 street bike motor on his raptor shit was pretty fast. He told me he had like 160 hp in it.. I said screw it ill race him. AI would take him off the line no problem. Id have him till igot about 1/2 to 3/4 the way up the hill then his top end kicked in, then c ya dude wasn't the greatest rider though. there should have been no way i should be close to him. I actually beat him once. When we took off his bike stood straight up and he had to let off. But a wins a win. But for the most part he would beat me by like 5-7 bike lengths. dude got pretty angry that he got beat by stock cylinders that r just ported. He had dumped so much money into his bike. he said that there should have been no way it should be that close. He said he dput that motor in the bike because he was tired of getting smoked by banshees. I cant wait till he shows up there on a big weekend he'll get smoked. awesome riding day though

an R1 quad will never be as fast as an actual R1 streetbike (assuming mods are equal)... thats why i have never wanted to build one, unless you were planning on running across a long, flat strip there kinda worthless, in a drag race, im pretty sure well built two strokes will eat it up, but if you run in a straight, flat line for a mile or so, R1 quad could easily hit over 100 mph assuming suspension etc. was up to the task. Congrats on the win though!

an R1 quad will never be as fast as an actual R1 streetbike (assuming mods are equal)... thats why i have never wanted to build one, unless you were planning on running across a long, flat strip there kinda worthless, in a drag race, im pretty sure well built two strokes will eat it up, but if you run in a straight, flat line for a mile or so, R1 quad could easily hit over 100 mph assuming suspension etc. was up to the task. Congrats on the win though!

An R1 does not have 160HP to begin with. Our ZX9 bike has 154 and an R1 is slower, and this thing has hit 100 in 3rd gear :) and the best thing is the banshee frame is lighter then the ZX9 bike. it takes a good rider to go that fast on the sand with that much power i really look forward to seeing how well mine does, and usually people put those huge sprockets on the back mine has the stock ZX9 41tooth :) its geared to do 160ish but it won't see that with 22" paddles good kill it takes and it only took me about 1/8th of a mile to hit 100 cause it was spinning.

I want to say he had a 64 rear spocket and 13 front. he said his bike was doing like 83-85 up the hill. dude was a shitty rider. he was actually lauching his bike in first gear with that motor. he also only hit 3rd gear going up the hill.

I want to say he had a 64 rear spocket and 13 front. he said his bike was doing like 83-85 up the hill. dude was a shitty rider. he was actually lauching his bike in first gear with that motor. he also only hit 3rd gear going up the hill.

LOL yeah people do that i still have the 17 -41 stock zx9 gearing my tires are just 2-3 inccher shorter then the bike and boy does it effin movei am DIEING to get it in the sand im hoping even with all this weight my +6 swinger will be enough.