Smoked by a ltr450

You obviously havent raced a KFX vs LTR. I know from first hand experience the KFX is not even close to the power of the LTR. At the dunes I will kill every KFX out there and like i posted earlier in this thread, i'm running close to stock. THe only other 450 our there right now that can beat the LTR is the YFZ, those things are tough to beat, they run very strong. But i will take the suspension and efi of the LTR anyday over the yammi.

And 4strokessucks.... I am gonna have to call bullshit that you beat those bikes unless it was a 10 year old riding the bike. Those bikes fly man.

ONE

your talking about bike/rider vs bike/rider. im talking about bike vs bike ... if both bikes are both stock and have the equal skill level of rider, the KFX will beat an LTR in a drag race period...

Edited by Colby

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but i got to put in my 2 cents bring those bolt on 450's up here to st anthony and i will race them with my bolt on only shee and lets see what happens, 5000 ft above sea level stock bikes drop to 100 compression on a banshee just pop in 17 cc. and your back up 2 150+ not doable with a 4 stroker. without doing motor work.

sorry but i got to put in my 2 cents bring those bolt on 450's up here to st anthony and i will race them with my bolt on only shee and lets see what happens, 5000 ft above sea level stock bikes drop to 100 compression on a banshee just pop in 17 cc. and your back up 2 150+ not doable with a 4 stroker. without doing motor work.

I was there over the 4th of july, i make it up there about 3-4 times a year, next time i come up i will let you know. I will run with your banshee. Plus i really want to ride St. A's with a local and go check out some cool spots. I have been there enough to know a lot of cool areas but i always find something new when i am out there.

and colby... i am not trying to start shit, but honostly the KFX will NOT beat a LTR in a drag. Especially in sand. I have raced tons of KFX's in the sand and i can say with 100% certainty the LTR bike v bike will win. out of all the 450's i would rate the KFX the slowest. I have lost to YFZ and 450r's but NEVER a KFX. In fact last time i went to walden dunes in colo. there were 2 KFX with pipes, that could not make it up one of the dunes they had to keep backing down and get further and further back, finally made it when they were hittin it at top speed. I would go right up to the face, stop put it in first, drop the clutch and i would shift through till 3rd. AND I'M NOT EVEN PIPED. I lost a lot of respect for those KFX's after that. AND, also at St. A's i was dragging and a piped KFX rolled up and lined up with me and my bro and he got smoked 3-4 times, he eventually just left.

I'm a light guy barely 160 so i do have an advantage, but when I pull 4-5 bikes lengths on the KFX that says something, and i have raced enough KFX to say its not just a shity rider that i am beating.

ONE

So does mine.

The CRF was stock. I don't know about the KTM. I had all intentions of getting beat when those bikes lined up. All 3 of us had an even launch (nobody was sleeping). I pegged the throttle and dumped second gear (15/41 gearing). Both times I pulled on them out of the hole and kept them about 2 bikes back and held on to that lead. Both races were the same thing. From start to finish that throttle stayed pegged. I just grabbed the clutch just enough to shift and never let off the throttle.

I DON'T F^*K AROUND! I DON'T BULLSHIT!

now way. you are making around 50hp with your mods, CRF450 make just a smidge over 50hp, and the bike weigh about 170lbs less then the banshee, no contest or the dirtbike...

Edited by letsgetthisdone

Im a banshee guy but have both a banshee with CPIs,Timing Plate and 15t sprocket and raptor700r with exhaust.Lets just say with my 194# on the raptor and a more experienced rider on my banshee and lighter at 170 my raptor WHOOPS the banshees Ass!Banshee is Spot on jetting also btw.I stay shocked everytime we race but its 100% TRUE.Banshee just squeezes by a little on a VERY long race maybe a little more than 1/4 mile but 1 tooth up on the rappy and its all over for the poor banshee!

i had a yfz450 and QUITE A FEW few banshees... totally different monster...

there are modifications that can be done to the yfz that wake the bike up ! to the naked eye all you see is pipe .. and air filter... i will post up pics later today when i get home ..

the bike had unbeleavable acceleration out of the hole and all the way to 5 gear..

it was faster than a stock piston banshee, with pipes and a mild jet kit, filters, timing plate and milled head.

BANSHEES AND 450'S ARE ALL ABOUT A TUNE ! YOU MAY NEVER KNOW HOW OFF YOUR BIKE IS UNTILL YOU RIDE A BIKE THAT HAS PERFECT TUNE !

T

sorry about the 4 stroke pic .......loolll :down:

Edited by INFINITIED

your talking about bike/rider vs bike/rider. im talking about bike vs bike ... if both bikes are both stock and have the equal skill level of rider, the KFX will beat an LTR in a drag race period...

My experience. The KFX450 will NOT beat a LTR in a drag race, they are probably the slowest of the bunch. The YFZ450 is a strong runner, the oldest of the bunch but probably the quickest out of the mark..

there must be some really shitty riders out there with too much money .... i'll beleive it when you come down here and prove it, hell i'll buy a KFX 450 if you wanna bring an LTR down my way ...

DEAL!!!!!!! Then we will race for titles. If your serious I will plan a trip down there and walk all over the KFX. They are the slowest of the 450's. Your better off with a 400ex. I have EMBARRASSED EVERY SINGLE KFX that i have raced. They are SLOW!!!!!!

one :evil:

For reasonably cheap you could have a bike that most 450's with mods would have a tough time beating.

-Get a port from a good builder (good woods or dune) (4-500) pistons add (150ish)

-Used pipes off the net (ask the builder what to get. (2-300)

-mod the stock stator plate. (free)

-Have stock head milled ($30)

- Lighten stock flywheel ($60)

- Reeds (I would forget VF's unless your budget allow. There great but 200+ is steep if on a budget.

- K&N clamp on or pods (what ever your situation allows)

- Maybe changer gearing

- Tires

For under a $1000 you have a tough bike if set up and jetter properly. (stock carbs would be fine some people under estimate them they are good for a stock stroke moderate port motor, save your money.)

Good luck as for straight bolt ons. Give me a piped moderate port motor any day and Ill beat a all bolt on quad.

DEAL!!!!!!! Then we will race for titles. If your serious I will plan a trip down there and walk all over the KFX. They are the slowest of the 450's. Your better off with a 400ex. I have EMBARRASSED EVERY SINGLE KFX that i have raced. They are SLOW!!!!!!

never seen a fast kfx myself either. everyone one i seen is parked. i think the ltr will eat the kfx for dinner. those lil suzuki's dont fuck around. i dont know about the 400ex comment though thats kinda weak.

That sounds like a very mature statement... :down: I have both--A nicely done Banshee and a nicely done KFX450R. I can tell you that not many "Cherry Bomb and Piped" LTR450's would walk on my KFX, and very few Banshees. I've been to Dumont twice, and Glamis 7 times this year (I'm not counting my one trip to Pismo or my many "tune" rides to California City or Barstow). I got beat the first few runs up the hills... Once I mastered the whoops and learned how to shift my weight and go balls-to-the-walls, I started winning, or being very close. I got beat a couple times by "sleeper" Banshees with built engines, and twice by a Raptor 700 (running a high-comp piston and VP Race gas). But most YFZ450s, LTR's, etc. were easy pickins. You can see what my mods to my KFX are in my sig below--not many, but tuned to perfection, and i ride it like I stole it.

In the end, most of the time, it is about the rider. Who can manage the whoops and who can manage traction the best. Bold statements about "racing for pinks," etc. are mostly BS. Ask any dragracer here. If someone were to seriously challenge me that way, I'd pour 2G's into the motor and walk away with their bike... Silly. My. 02.

For reasonably cheap you could have a bike that most 450's with mods would have a tough time beating.

-Get a port from a good builder (good woods or dune) (4-500) pistons add (150ish)

-Used pipes off the net (ask the builder what to get. (2-300)

-mod the stock stator plate. (free)

-Have stock head milled ($30)

- Lighten stock flywheel ($60)

- Reeds (I would forget VF's unless your budget allow. There great but 200+ is steep if on a budget.

- K&N clamp on or pods (what ever your situation allows)

- Maybe changer gearing

- Tires

For under a $1000 you have a tough bike if set up and jetter properly. (stock carbs would be fine some people under estimate them they are good for a stock stroke moderate port motor, save your money.)

Good luck as for straight bolt ons. Give me a piped moderate port motor any day and Ill beat a all bolt on quad.

that'd be a good dune bike, everywhere else it would need A LOT more money to keep up with a 450. track, desert, anywhere there are decent sized whoops...and then that 65hp brute is gonna tire you out really quick. thats why i got rid of mine and got a 450..

I think it's funny when people have arguments on which 450 is the fastest.The big 4 are all within

1-2 horsepower max of each other,with basicaly the same motor designs.

I think you would have better arguments and make more valid points comparing what REALY makes these machines different,like suspension setups,front end geometry,ergos,weight,seating position,ride height,

center of gravity,weight distribution,shifting smoothness etc.

In a straight line, good traction, flat surface with equel riders and gearing,these bikes

would be neck and neck.

Now in the dunes, the better rider with the better setup(nice light paddles) will win the hill races.