Smoked by a ltr450

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LTR 450 is the sweetest quad out there right now.. No need to spend dough trying to widen it out.. Definetly my next quad!

you obviously havent ridden a new KFX 450R... the only thing the Quadracer is better at is handling and its not by very much ... the suspension, throttle response, power, and power delivery, are better on the KFX... and both are the same price..

Let's see, with my combo I have yet to lose to any 450 or 700. I have also knocked off a big bore (480 or 490 it think he said) YZF, a 700r Raptor with a pipe, K&N with no lid, and FMU, a piped CRF450 dirt bike, and a KTM sponsored pro rider on his KTM450 dirtbike.

I don't just race them once. I'll beat them twice and then ask if they want any more.

Take it from me, tires and your launch do make the biggest influence to winning the race. Launch in second gear and don't change your gearing untill you have some decent bolt ons and second gear becomes useless as well. Then you'll have to go 1 bigger on the crank to balance it out.

Don't get carbs untill you either port or increace displacement. Bigger carbs actually slow down the velocity the air rushes into your cylinders resulting in loss of power.

Pipes make the best improvement. Reeds give you more torque and a more powerful top end. Raise the compression with a head and 4th gear on just pulls all the way to the top.

Bolt ons will get you there. I still have stock carbs and cylinders. Good luck.

Oh yeah and practice, practice, practice. You're not gonna win if you don't know what you're doing.

Sorry but I have a hard time believing you "knocked off" a CRF450 or a KTM450 dirtbike.

Sorry but I have a hard time believing you "knocked off" a CRF450 or a KTM450 dirtbike.

It's a shame you live so far away. I'd be happy to give you a demonstration.

Yeah I know, 421 cub duner, you got power. All i'm saying is I did what I did. I beat both of them by about 2 bikes. Both times. Same result. I understand that it's hard to believe what everyone writes on here but i'm not some punk kid with pipes. I've been riding this bike since it was brand new in 02. I know how to ride it and I know how to launch it. Everything I have on this bike works perfect.

Edited by 4strokessuck

you obviously havent ridden a new KFX 450R... the only thing the Quadracer is better at is handling and its not by very much ... the suspension, throttle response, power, and power delivery, are better on the KFX... and both are the same price..

If I was in the market for a new quad right now, I'd get a KFX too. They look awesome, and from everything I've heard they perform as good as any other 450 that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (AKA the DS and KTM).

I like the SE like the one in Titan Up's sig. That looks sharp.

i have a friend who has a kfx 450r its a nice quad but my banshee absolutely blows it out of the water

i have riden both thet quad racer and the kfx and its close. im used to my banshee and the quadracer has a more similar stance to the banshee which was nice, good handling but the kfx does have more power

Out of all the 450's... there are really 4 that you see all the time. The yamaha, the kawasaki, the honda and the suzuki. These are the ones priced to buy. Not like the ktm, etc.

Out of those 4, I have seen time and time again the yamahas being top dog. Both stock and aftermarket.

In terms of riding them, the suzukis are like a cadilac.

The kawasakis have a rock hard seat.

And the hondas are a good bike...

But the yamahas are tough to beat... they really are.

You obviously havent raced a KFX vs LTR. I know from first hand experience the KFX is not even close to the power of the LTR. At the dunes I will kill every KFX out there and like i posted earlier in this thread, i'm running close to stock. THe only other 450 our there right now that can beat the LTR is the YFZ, those things are tough to beat, they run very strong. But i will take the suspension and efi of the LTR anyday over the yammi.

And 4strokessucks.... I am gonna have to call bullshit that you beat those bikes unless it was a 10 year old riding the bike. Those bikes fly man.

ONE

So does mine.

The CRF was stock. I don't know about the KTM. I had all intentions of getting beat when those bikes lined up. All 3 of us had an even launch (nobody was sleeping). I pegged the throttle and dumped second gear (15/41 gearing). Both times I pulled on them out of the hole and kept them about 2 bikes back and held on to that lead. Both races were the same thing. From start to finish that throttle stayed pegged. I just grabbed the clutch just enough to shift and never let off the throttle.

I DON'T F^*K AROUND! I DON'T BULLSHIT!

Edited by 4strokessuck

I am gonna have to call bullshit that you beat those bikes unless it was a 10 year old riding the bike. Those bikes fly man.

^^^^^ thats some funny shit the last time i was at the dunes i was racing this guy on a stroked rappy 700 dont remember what size it was but he was handing me my ass so after a few races i got off my bike and let my friends son shoot the hill a few times and one of the guys that was with the raptor was on a 450 yammi piped filtered etc. walked over and asked what i had done to my bike said just bolt ons pipes filters etc.. he started gettin mouthy sayin that he could smoke piped shees all day long with the 450 and that 2 strokes were out of date so he jumped on his bike and started to race my friends son who is 11 the first race the 450 won he came back and was like thats how you do it so i told him to line up with him again needless to say he lost the next 2 races he came back and was sayin he only won because he is so light so i jumped on and handed him his ass 4 times in a row.... he left after that with nothin to say. this remark just reminded me of a funny story.

I am gonna have to call bullshit that you beat those bikes unless it was a 10 year old riding the bike. Those bikes fly man.

^^^^^ thats some funny shit the last time i was at the dunes i was racing this guy on a stroked rappy 700 dont remember what size it was but he was handing me my ass so after a few races i got off my bike and let my friends son shoot the hill a few times and one of the guys that was with the raptor was on a 450 yammi piped filtered etc. walked over and asked what i had done to my bike said just bolt ons pipes filters etc.. he started gettin mouthy sayin that he could smoke piped shees all day long with the 450 and that 2 strokes were out of date so he jumped on his bike and started to race my friends son who is 11 the first race the 450 won he came back and was like thats how you do it so i told him to line up with him again needless to say he lost the next 2 races he came back and was sayin he only won because he is so light so i jumped on and handed him his ass 4 times in a row.... he left after that with nothin to say. this remark just reminded me of a funny story.

i had a yfz450 and QUITE A FEW few banshees... totally different monster...

there are modifications that can be done to the yfz that wake the bike up ! to the naked eye all you see is pipe .. and air filter... i will post up pics later today when i get home ..

the bike had unbeleavable acceleration out of the hole and all the way to 5 gear..

it was faster than a stock piston banshee, with pipes and a mild jet kit, filters, timing plate and milled head.

BANSHEES AND 450'S ARE ALL ABOUT A TUNE ! YOU MAY NEVER KNOW HOW OFF YOUR BIKE IS UNTILL YOU RIDE A BIKE THAT HAS PERFECT TUNE !

T