My Banshee Woes

dsmrx7

Here's my Banshee I picked up last November 07'. It was not that pretty, but it ran. Here's when I broke the handlebars (too aggresive with it)...

IMG_0731.jpg

I replaced the bars and painted the plastics. Then I Raced the Bike a couple of times, but mostly used it for Trail Riding...

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

About 8 month's later, while Riding at Area 51, the motor seized. I removed the head and this is what I found...

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

The pistons were cracked and a piece of piston ring broke off and got wedged between the cylinder and piston....

So I ordered a new set of Oversized Pistons with matching Cylinders and a new head (not pictured)...

IMG_1048.jpg

Old cylinders (orange) and new cylinder...

IMG_1061.jpg

New pistons installed...

IMG_1060.jpg

Here's the newly Painted Frame...

IMG_1062.jpg

Here's the Bike re-assembled with new Front and Rear Sprockets, new Chain and newly painted Plastics...

IMG_0993.jpg

Compression test on the rebuilt Motor is 135 psi on both Cylinders...

Good job bro... we all gotta start some where. Mine was in almost just as bad of shape but all stock... I bought it a few months ago and have been nickle and diming it back together. Its almost done now just waiting for an exhaust piece and for some sun so I can finish painting the plastics. Its nice to see some one else starting out with almost nothing and seeing what theyve done