Speed shifting

To adjust that screw, loosen the nut so you can turn the screw. Then watch the arm ontop the case(under the carbs) and line it up with the point on the case. Like this --><---

Then tighten it back up. It might be already good.

Mine wasnt adjusted right and mine didnt want to shift good at WOT. It was because my clutch wasnt disengaging all the way. Very simple fix once you know about it. I ended up changing all kinds of things like the shift shaft, star, springs etc before i tried the screw. On a side note, you can also turn the bike on it's side if you want to save the tranny oil.

Edited by RagunCajun

To adjust that screw, loosen the nut so you can turn the screw. Then watch the arm ontop the case(under the carbs) and line it up with the point on the case. Like this --><---

Then tighten it back up. It might be already good.

Mine wasnt adjusted right and mine didnt want to shift good at WOT. It was because my clutch wasnt disengaging all the way. Very simple fix once you know about it. I ended up changing all kinds of things like the shift shaft, star, springs etc before i tried the screw. On a side note, you can also turn the bike on it's side if you want to save the tranny oil.

when i tighten the screw, do i to this while i pull the slack out of the cable? when i pull the slack out (freeplay) the arrows lign up. but when i let go of clutch lever they are not lined up, off about 1/2 inch.

• 3 weeks later...