Kickstarter Sticks

TRO73

Hey has anyone had there kickstarter stick shut....Sometimes when I go to start my bike I cant get the damn kickstarter to open so I can kick it...does it mainly after riding it awhile....would a rebuild kit solve this?

Thanks

Tony

Hey has anyone had there kickstarter stick shut....Sometimes when I go to start my bike I cant get the damn kickstarter to open so I can kick it...does it mainly after riding it awhile....would a rebuild kit solve this?

Thanks

Tony

That used to happen to me, so I spent about $6.00 and never had that problem again.

I'm going to rebuild mine very soon, and it's about $5-$10 so might as well do it.

I've never taken it apart or anything, but from the parts list for it--it sounds like the ball bearing more than anything in your case.

Try Cascade Innovations or Mod Quad.

http://modquad.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=KS-REPAIR

http://67.199.65.66/cascade_innovations/newlook/

• 1 month later...

If its sticking, its probably also rattling. My advice would be rebuild it. You let it go long enough, you will be out in the dunes or wherever you ride and stop to take a break. You will go to start your bike and notice all thats there is a little peg where the kick starter used to be. Or maybe thats just my experience. haha. Funny thing is on the way back i found my kickstarter in the sand, and the bolt was still in it. Used to stick and rattle like crazy, but now I have a new one.

The rebuild consists of an o-ring, little spring, screw with loctite on it, and a ball bearing. I would just take if off clean the shaft really good, apply grease on it, ut a new o-ring on it, and put it back together.

I bought the rebuild kit and mic'ed the spring and ball bearing from the new one and the OEM one on the bike and there was no difference. Relaced it all since I paid for it and with 6 months it rattled again, now I just pull it off and replace the o-ring.

Hub