Manufactured bend ?

hey all,

i went to do a wheel alignment with a long level and noticed that on one side the front and rear wheels sat about 5/16 off of being parallel and the other side was like 2 1/2", so i went and checked my cousin's same year banshee (08) and it was the same and hes never crashed it.

is this normal ? or atleast with 08 models (standard suspention, axle and rims).

Edited by dirtydownunder

like,

front []---------[]

back []----------[]

maybe one rear wheel is flipped...? Or a spacer issue...?

hey all,

i went to do a wheel alignment with a long level and noticed that on one side the front and rear wheels sat about 5/16 off of being parallel and the other side was like 2 1/2", so i went and checked my cousin's same year banshee (08) and it was the same and hes never crashed it.

is this normal ? or atleast with 08 models (standard suspention, axle and rims).

That is not normal. :blink:

maybe one rear wheel is flipped...? Or a spacer issue...?

nah both banshees are the same and his hasnt been apart, its as he got it, from the dealer and its the same as mine.

you cant get a bend like that without your alignment going out, i think its from the factory :(.

i know it cant be normal but its how we got them from the shop (tho i got myne at a differant dealer)

nah both banshees are the same and his hasnt been apart, its as he got it, from the dealer and its the same as mine.

you cant get a bend like that without your alignment going out, i think its from the factory :(.

i know it cant be normal but its how we got them from the shop (tho i got myne at a differant dealer)

The offset of the rear wheel makes the width different depending of wich way you mount it. Maybe the dealers just put them on the wrong way...take another look, does the air filling valves point outwards on both sides?

The offset of the rear wheel makes the width different depending of wich way you mount it. Maybe the dealers just put them on the wrong way...take another look, does the air filling valves point outwards on both sides?

yeh valves point out.

So the outside of the left wheels almost line up, but the outside of the right wheels are 2 1/2" off?

yeh the left side almost line up (front being more to the left a tiny bit) and the right wheels are about 2 1/2" off (rear wheel to the right)

Edited by dirtydownunder

yeh valves point out.

yeh the left side almost line up (front being more to the left a tiny bit) and the right wheels are about 2 1/2" off (rear wheel to the right)

Well this is very interesting, I have a 2006 that i bought new, has the same problem, i bought it new, never crashed it. I now have HD a-arms and gforce axle, still the same, i went out and measure another one, the same thing, i am glad i am not the only 1. I don't like it though.

With the left about an inch shorter on the left side (rear) when the right almost inline with the front, was almost the same with the stock components, but now i have aftermarket axle which is adjustable, does not matter how i adjust it, the left is always almost an inch off, like said, same thing with the stock suspension and this is still almost a brand new bike. Is the distance between your front en rear wheels on the left and right the same? I have noticed that the swingarm brackets that holds the bearing carries are not very straight on differant banshees, mine looks 'bent', if i view the bike from underneath, but still not so much to score an inch. I think its because of mass production, but then yfzs should be like that also.

Edited by 2strokespirit

wierd,,,,,,,, 2 1/2" off to the right, new 08 and never wrecked uh????.... this sounds stupid but could the axle have been instaled backwards??? never seen that befor and im not sure if its even possible... cuz the carrier is more off set to the right to begin with.. maybe the axle got put in on the wrong side from factory. are yur locking axle nuts to the left or to the right, looking at it from the back.. cuz there supaused to on the left.. maybe that could be it. but dought it. ive seen alot of stupid mistakes done by factorys...

im just putting this outhere i dont even think its even possible. its just a thought

wierd,,,,,,,, 2 1/2" off to the right, new 08 and never wrecked uh????.... this sounds stupid but could the axle have been instaled backwards??? never seen that befor and im not sure if its even possible... cuz the carrier is more off set to the right to begin with.. maybe the axle got put in on the wrong side from factory. are yur locking axle nuts to the left or to the right, looking at it from the back.. cuz there supaused to on the left.. maybe that could be it. but dought it. ive seen alot of stupid mistakes done by factorys...

im just putting this outhere i dont even think its even possible. its just a thought

n/m scratch that its impossible. if that many are off yamy's swinger welding jig is probably off.. if they even use any ... man that sucks

thanx for the reply's, this is definetly a factory fault.

what ill do is go past the dealership and see if they have any 08 banshees out the front and measure it, then they can see the fault on a still showroom bike.

2strokespirit :

yeh i dont like it either but i dont think the dealer will do anything about it, ill measure front to back tonight.

thanx for the reply's, this is definetly a factory fault.

what ill do is go past the dealership and see if they have any 08 banshees out the front and measure it, then they can see the fault on a still showroom bike.

2strokespirit :

yeh i dont like it either but i dont think the dealer will do anything about it, ill measure front to back tonight.

Well, i found out about this after 5months that i bought my bike, the dealer said they get that now and then, thats why I went out and measured another bike. Another dude told me its common with banshees, thats why i just leave it like it is, I am pretty convince that the problem is with the manifacturing of the swingarm. I am going to fabricate my own with the roundhouse offset bearing carrier, to get the problem fixed.

• 3 years later...

No thread is Dead around here. I did my search and found a crappy answer. Anyway it started of like this.

I decided I was going to do an alignment on the Banshee. I get my 4 foot level and go about doing the gear shifter side and my front tire was within spec. I go do the Rear foot brake side and I was like WTF. The Right Rear tire stick's out and additional 2 1/2 inches. So I got the tire on that side straight by taking measurements from the left side and duplicating them on the right. Then I did the Toe-In part so all in all I'm good.

I tell you though I knew something looked odd on my Banshee and I do believe it's this RR tire sticking out an additional 2 1/2". What an answer that Yamaha let's some of these Banshee's get to the showroom floor like this.