Swingarm bearings!

• 1 month later...
Whats up guys i went to change my swingarm bearings and holy shit i tried beatin the bolt out heatin it air chislin it impactin it and the thing wont budge this is crazy any ideas???????? Anyone!!! thanx

yes ,the pivot bolt is seized in the bearing tube so take a cut off wheel and saw the fucker off /if you are careful and cut on the veryedge of the cup you wont damage anything you didnt have to/be sure to use jack stands and support everything that needs to be/not taking a shot at your skill level or common sense but this country is full dumb fucks/use a lot of anti-seize on bolt when installing

Whats up guys i went to change my swingarm bearings and holy shit i tried beatin the bolt out heatin it air chislin it impactin it and the thing wont budge this is crazy any ideas???????? Anyone!!! thanx

yes ,the pivot bolt is seized in the bearing tube so take a cut off wheel and saw the fucker off /if you are careful and cut on the veryedge of the cup you wont damage anything you didnt have to/be sure to use jack stands and support everything that needs to be/not taking a shot at your skill level or common sense but this country is full dumb fucks/use a lot of anti-seize on bolt when installing

Yea if yoo dont keep that sucker lubed it's not going to come out. LOL

I cut mine off, but it worked out ok because I was replacing it anyway. You should be able to pick up a stock swinger cheap used if thats what you have to do.

Otherwise, try using a big brass bunch, and a big sledge and just pound the hell out of it. A little heat won't hurt either.

swingarm and carrier bearings get eatin pretty fast if you are beatin the shit out it on rough terrain, you can get the world wide or all balls ones from rockymountain for pretty damn cheap, instead of buying the whole pivot works kit everytime,

Edited by Michael Jackson