YFZ450 vs. Banshee

b00sted

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to the original post, I have an 06 YFZ and an 06 Banshee.

In my group of friends, we have 4 more YFZs, a 450r, a KFX 450, and a 660 Raptor.

My YFZ has a full system exhaust, Fuel Customs intake/filter, cam mod, 6 paddle xtremes, suspension adjusted properly, and proper jetting.

You can check out my mods in my profile, and you can see they are all bolt ons. My banshee is noticably faster, and my friends have basically the same mods on their YFZs. I beat them every time...same story as usual...they get me off the line, but within about 40 yds I am passing them.

The YFZ is a fun quad, though. I am keeping it so I have something fun to ride when not flying up hills. I want to build up the banshee eventually...hopefully next year...but until then, it is fast enough to beat any bolt on modded 450 out there.

With that said, I'm assuming that stock for stock, 450 will win. But mod for mod...it seems that after pipes, filters, the banshee starts taking over. There are more bolt on parts for the shee, plus limitless once you tear into them.

gallery_27191_685_616698.jpg

Here is your yfz vs. banshee pic of the day..lol

Banshee= mild cleanup port, fmf fatties, uni pods, coolhead/18cc dome(5000' elevation on pumpgas)

YFZ=Ron Woods Racing Pipe and Intake, Boyesen accelerator pump, Power now valves, Dyna FS ignition

5 out of 5 races up chokecherry=same results every time, he was pissed!

Gearing may have played a small part, swapped bikes and had the same results. Stock for stock the yfz wins, but once you put pipes and a better filter setup on each bike the banshee pulls ahead.

i still have a ahrd time beleiving that. without portwork, banshees are severly choked up .....

Gearing may have played a small part, swapped bikes and had the same results. Stock for stock the yfz wins, but once you put pipes and a better filter setup on each bike the banshee pulls ahead.

agreed, ive found the same results in my experience with both, i got lots of seat time on piped yfz, they definitly run strong, but a good running piped banshee is definitly right there with it, pullin away in the upper gears

agreed, ive found the same results in my experience with both, i got lots of seat time on piped yfz, they definitly run strong, but a good running piped banshee is definitly right there with it, pullin away in the upper gears

^^^^^^Me too.