YFZ450 vs. Banshee

b00sted

By stock, do you mean stock pipes and filter? You must be a hell of a rider to beat a piped YFZ on a Banshee with stock pipes; or a bone stock 700R. (though my 700R runs like a turd...I think I needed to adjust my PCIII map..I got beat by a Z400 on it, and I'm a good rider[--have yet to run it with the Barker Duals])

Yeah stock pipes and original dirty ass filter

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost call BS on that, but someone else will for sure.

Why is it that hard to belive all i do is strap the front and the back down people say weight has a lot to do with it i only weigh 140 but my buddy weighs a good bit more than i do and he gets about the same times out of my bike

Why is it that hard to belive all i do is strap the front and the back down people say weight has a lot to do with it i only weigh 140 but my buddy weighs a good bit more than i do and he gets about the same times out of my bike

That's why I said "almost." I'm not necessarily calling BS on ya. I'm sure if the guy on the Z400 said he was smoking a 700R, he would get doubted, but I most definately got my a$$ handed to me several times. Every race and situation can be different.

The 700r could not leave near as hard as me he came up everytime and he didnt have a pipe or anything bone stock just like mine... but i recently came across a set of CPI inframes at the race track for a good deal so i bought them now i just need jets i will probably have them on by the next time i go back to the race track

The 700r could not leave near as hard as me he came up everytime and he didnt have a pipe or anything bone stock just like mine... but i recently came across a set of CPI inframes at the race track for a good deal so i bought them now i just need jets i will probably have them on by the next time i go back to the race track

Yep, the 700's are wheelie machines, that's for sure. You'll love the CPIs compared to stock.

with some mild porting, pipes, pods, and timing advance you will beat a 450 if you can get the power to the ground. Im not trying to act like im a drag racer, b/c im not but ive beat quite a few 450's a 700 raptor, and eat 660's all day long. If i could get my damn shee to shift right it would be nice. I think 450s are fast dont get me wrong but with some engine work there nothing assuming they only have light mods