Banshee Worx Lightend Flywheel

Banshee Worx the guys name is Ron i believe acording to his site.

http://members.aol.com/ronw626/

I have an old flywheel that some one used a 3 jaw puller on and put some nice gouges in it. The gouges will come out if I get it lightened. I have been wanting to try a lightened flywheel. I found this guy on the web that lightens banshee flywheels. He also can turn the holes in to slots so it is even lighter. I havent really herd of him before but it looks like he does good work. I was reading on his web page and it says he like to ride at LS, OK so he is probably some where here in the mid west.

Anybody have experiance with him? Heck maybe he is a member here.

I tried emailing him about doing a flywheel but I keep getting a delivery failure notice. Is the guy still around?

My Munched flywheel.

100_2235.jpg

Flywheel with slots.

worx%20flywheel%20640x480.jpg

With out slots

worx2.jpg

i had ron cut mine long time ago it lasted a long time but over time it developed a crack along the holes i used a jaw puller once probably caused it.

he does great work and a great guy.

his name is ron waddle in bartlesville ok.

i had ron cut mine long time ago it lasted a long time but over time it developed a crack along the holes i used a jaw puller once probably caused it.

he does great work and a great guy.

his name is ron waddle in bartlesville ok.

Did it start to crack between the holes. (Going from hole to hole)? I wouldnt be out much cause I dont really plan on running this flywheel as it is.

josh

Not trying to be a smart arse, but just a heads up... Ask them/whoever if they re-balance after removing material. Your left side main bearing will very much appreciate it! Doesn't have to be anything fancy... Just a static balance will do. The OEM's don't spend the x-tra $$$ for balancing the new ones because they're nice guys...

• 9 months later...
Banshee Worx the guys name is Ron i believe acording to his site.

http://members.aol.com/ronw626/

I have an old flywheel that some one used a 3 jaw puller on and put some nice gouges in it. The gouges will come out if I get it lightened. I have been wanting to try a lightened flywheel. I found this guy on the web that lightens banshee flywheels. He also can turn the holes in to slots so it is even lighter. I havent really herd of him before but it looks like he does good work. I was reading on his web page and it says he like to ride at LS, OK so he is probably some where here in the mid west.

Anybody have experiance with him? Heck maybe he is a member here.

I tried emailing him about doing a flywheel but I keep getting a delivery failure notice. Is the guy still around?

My Munched flywheel.

100_2235.jpg

Flywheel with slots.

worx%20flywheel%20640x480.jpg

With out slots

worx2.jpg

Yea, I haven't been on here in a long time. I used to lighten flywheels on a weekly basis, but the 450 4 strokes came out and demand eventually dropped off to nothing. If the flywheel you have is bent or warped from the jaw puller, then it is junk.

I still have my '88 Banshee, and still ride at Little Sahara whenever I get a chance. Spent a week over there last month for Spring break with the wife, kids, and friends. Haven't seen anybody I met thru this site in a long time. Well, I do see Troy and his boys from Haysville KS about once a year over there. Probably going to go over a week or two after Memorial day weekend and throw some sand.

I'm going to try and visit here more often!

Ron.

Old Skool BHQ member checking in :thumbsup:

I ended up sending it to dave more to be lightend. I ran it for a while but then traded it to a member on here. I just didnt like how it felt launching. I weigh 250 and really missed having that extra weight.

josh