9.00 second drag bike?

Jroll44

Banshee's belong on the sand anyways, asphault is for pussies :ninja: :whistling: :yelrotflmao:

lucky me i get to be the first one to say FUCK YOU sand dragger. Thats not to all you sand draggers just this specific guy. Every form of racing is different one way or the other but they should all be respected.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lucky me i get to be the first one to say FUCK YOU sand dragger. Thats not to all you sand draggers just this specific guy. Every form of racing is different one way or the other but they should all be respected.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL, hence the smilies

I was talking to a friend about how I took the Shee to the track, and I told him about the Shee that was running mid 6s @ 103+ mph.

He said the following:

"There is one that goes out there that runs 5.7's at 127 mph with a 1.1 60 ft"

I'm not sure about 9 flat but I think 9s and even low 9s are very attainable. I ran a 12.27 at 98mph with 1/8 mile gearing on an uncut stock framed 350, on gas, inframes, no override, no bar and no slicks. Thats with low 7 eighth mile times in the high 80s. Theres cheetah cubs running low 6s and high 5s in the 1/8. One second faster at the 1/8 mile marker turns into alot faster at the 1/4 mile mark. Also, hes talking about building a motorcycle, which will weigh less all around, have much less rotating weight, and a taller tire which will help you gear for the 1/4 much easier. I say go for it, ive been wanting to do it forever. If it were me I would build a 4 or 7 mill cheetah cub and go all out, to keep it on the reliable side since 1/4 mile runs are pretty tough on the bike.

I dragrace streetbikes, so i know what kind of power it takes to run 9s. For about 1500 you can buy a gsxr 1100 motor and hit it with a 50 shot and run low 9s with a stretch on the bike, Let me know what kind of frame and stuff you plan on running!! I run a gsxr 1100 that runs mid 8s, and my dad is running a older gs 1500cc motor thats running 7s on spray

If you were to read the post right I was refering the stroked gixxer doesnt come close to the busa...showing that stroking and other mods whcih alone are over 1500 wont get you there let alone a stock r1 with 1500 of mods..

Whats up shannon. I have a buddy that has a new gsxr that has about 1700 in mods and stretched out 10 inches and runs 9.25s consistently every weekend. You gonna come back to coffeyville when we start the races up agaiin September?

I got an old 84 RZ with a stock stroke Cheetah. This is a Banshee engine with the Banshee tranny gears also. I run 9.8's with this. Usually only about 128mph. It is stretched 4in in the rear and raked in the front to a 68in wheelbase. Stock DOT on the rear and slick on the front. It would be much faster with a bigger tire, it will spin and slide around on the bar, and when it hooks it will dam near throw you into the rails! It will not take a huge engine and loads of money to go fast. I have beat just about EVERY bike at the tracks I race at except some pro stockers and a few H2's. You will have to spend MUCH more money on your R1 to beat me! You might get me once, but Ill put my money on the little RZ!

I got an old 84 RZ with a stock stroke Cheetah. This is a Banshee engine with the Banshee tranny gears also. I run 9.8's with this. Usually only about 128mph. It is stretched 4in in the rear and raked in the front to a 68in wheelbase. Stock DOT on the rear and slick on the front. It would be much faster with a bigger tire, it will spin and slide around on the bar, and when it hooks it will dam near throw you into the rails! It will not take a huge engine and loads of money to go fast. I have beat just about EVERY bike at the tracks I race at except some pro stockers and a few H2's. You will have to spend MUCH more money on your R1 to beat me! You might get me once, but Ill put my money on the little RZ!

well well well. look who it is. what`s up andy. hows the family.

a good exhaust, a 75 shot, and a good rider will get an R1 to 9.0's and high 8's ... thats just the facts .. streetbike engines (in a streetbike chassis and only pushing one wheel) are MUCH faster than people give them credit for ... i just dont understand why its so hard for people to beleive you can pay $10K and have a street legal vehicle that gets 35-40 mpg and can run 9's ...

a good exhaust, a 75 shot, and a good rider will get an R1 to 9.0's and high 8's ... thats just the facts .. streetbike engines (in a streetbike chassis and only pushing one wheel) are MUCH faster than people give them credit for ... i just dont understand why its so hard for people to beleive you can pay $10K and have a street legal vehicle that gets 35-40 mpg and can run 9's ...

10k? When I was thinking about building an rz, i calculated having about 3k or so in mine. Also, its amazing how many bad riders there are. Every weekend I go to the strip there are several people spraying their liter bikes and still having trouble breaking into the 9s.