t5's bogging mid-full throttle

decon

your rich...how many turns out are your airscrews?? try turning those out a couple full turns out then sounds like your clip on your needle needs moved if you dont have anymore room to move the clip you need leaner needles....but something simple make sure both slides are opening all the way at the same times on your carbs.

Fuel filter should be ok on a stock motor. When you get into bigger motors, they don't flow enough to keep up. Here's the jetting I ran with the set up: 25 pilots, stock needle in the middle, 350 mains. This was with +5 timing, T5s k&n, no lid.

popped open the carbs today... jetting was the toomey t5 jet kit that comes with the pipes, 280 DJ mains & toomey needle on 4th clip. i did notice that my carbs had alot of gunk inside them so i swaped em for a extra set of clean stockers i had, jetted accordingly...and it made a HUGE difference. only problem now is the left slide doesnt open only the right slide, not sure whats causing it? when i opened the carb tops and pulled the thumb throttle, the right slide would pull but the left slide wouldnt budge. whats causing this?

popped open the carbs today... jetting was the toomey t5 jet kit that comes with the pipes, 280 DJ mains & toomey needle on 4th clip. i did notice that my carbs had alot of gunk inside them so i swaped em for a extra set of clean stockers i had, jetted accordingly...and it made a HUGE difference. only problem now is the left slide doesnt open only the right slide, not sure whats causing it? when i opened the carb tops and pulled the thumb throttle, the right slide would pull but the left slide wouldnt budge. whats causing this?

sounds like the cable is jammed in the splitter jsut pull it back and forth a few times and get some cable lube.

Take the sides of the TORS tops off. One side is where the throttle cable hooks up and the other side has a short 2 or 3 inch cable that goes down to the slide. Make sure it's all hooked up and free. Doing this should help narrow the problem down. If all is ok there take the slide out and make sure it's all hooked up and isn't locked or jammed down in the carb.

jasonsbanshee you hit it right on the dot. the throttle cable was disconnected, i dont know why. but i got everything back up and running, and man shee pulls way harder. no bogging no hesitation at all. only one thing, shee was revving up real high when i put the carbs back together but it stopped for some reason i think the slide was getting stuck.

now i just need to sync my carbs because my left slide sits a little higher than my right slide, so my left side smokes a little more.