F.A.S.T carb accesories

have a few questions, first. the F.A.S.T racing longer carb top adjusters... it says that you will dinally be able to get FULL throttle? is this true or are they not a good idea.

second. i removed my tors with the motion pro kit and now my throttle is harder than hell to push and i was thinkin about their lighter springs yes or no? and what else can i do to not kill my thumb because its ungodly stiff :geek:

have a few questions, first. the F.A.S.T racing longer carb top adjusters... it says that you will dinally be able to get FULL throttle? is this true or are they not a good idea.

second. i removed my tors with the motion pro kit and now my throttle is harder than hell to push and i was thinkin about their lighter springs yes or no? and what else can i do to not kill my thumb because its ungodly stiff :geek:

I got the longer top adjusters. It got me about 98% throtttle, thats more then I had before. As for the springs, I dont think they fit the stock carbs, but they work quite well on my Keheins.

It sounds like you might want to reroute your throttle cable. If its new it should work smooth.

i routed it the easiest way and there isnt even any carbs on it just the needles hanging and it was stiff as hell....does anyone know if the springs will work on the stock carbs? could i cut some off?

you could cut a coil or 2 off. Be careful not to take to much.

ha no its ridiculous like it wasnt this stiff at all when it had the tors on it and i took that off and now its harder than japanese arithmitic

Hmm.. Thats strange, I have done tors elimination on a couple of bikes and cant say i noticed the throttle was stiffer afterwards at all. Did you lube the new cable? Makes a big difference

you could cut a coil or 2 off. Be careful not to take to much.

Cuttting off loops makes the initial pull easier, then just as hard as before....

gently sand the outer edge of the whole spring, that will make it easier to pull. Careful not to go too much.

I still think something is wrong with the install. Check everything over. Maybe the cable was kinked before it was installed. After the TORS delete the throttle pull shouldn't be any harder than the stock setup. I have done a few of them and they all worked really nice.

Start at teh throttle housing and make sure it works ok without the cable installed. Disconnect the cable as installed and slide it back and forth by hand and check how it works. If you have the airbox out you can reach in the back of the carbs and move the slides manually to check how each one works.

The springs we carry only fit Keihin carbs. The longer adjusters are often needed on bigger carbs for more throw but work on most all carbs if needed. As Dajog said you can cut some coils off the stock springs but you need to stretch them back out to stock length when done and it is prolly better to sand down the outer diameter anyway instead. We also carry the easy extended Cascade thumb throttle too. Hope this helps.

Sounds good Rico.

Awaitedshee, thanks for the order its going out today!!! You have a pm w/tracking # .