are you sure its 105? i remember reading somewhere that it is lower then regular pump gas. I couldnt tell you for sure because i havent looked into it. Just remember someone saying that a while back

Yeah its 105. When its ran in your car its produces more horsepower, you get less MPG but its cheaper at the pump.

The setup would be really close to having it setup on alky.

Since it is only 15% gas and 85% ethenol.

Depending on your comp. you might want to run a BR9 plug vs's the BR8 plug.

Just make sure you are Rich when starting out on jetting.

I have ran this in my 450 before but i mixed it with standard race gas so i wasnt running it straight.

But i did notice a difference for sure once the jetting was good.

E85 has an octane of approximately 105.

The setup would be really close to having it setup on alky.

Since it is only 15% gas and 85% ethenol.

Depending on your comp. you might want to run a BR9 plug vs's the BR8 plug.

Just make sure you are Rich when starting out on jetting.

I have ran this in my 450 before but i mixed it with standard race gas so i wasnt running it straight.

But i did notice a difference for sure once the jetting was good.

E85 has an octane of approximately 105.

Word.

You will have to jet it to deliver 38% more fuel.. A bump on the timing would make the most of this setup. The only thing I have a question about is how well the oil will stay mixed with the fuel.

Ive been searching on the net, and its seems that to get a good mix you need to run synthetic oil.

Just figuared E85 is 105 oct and only runs about 3.00 a gallon around here it would be a good alt for sunoco race fuel.

The 105 octane figure is BS. I am not sure who conjured that, but generally that's not how alcohol fuels propensity to combust is measured.

Remember that just like other alcohol fuels, you will use approximately 60% more fuel for a given amount work compared to a gasoline based fuel. :geek:

Ive been searching on the net, and its seems that to get a good mix you need to run synthetic oil.

You need to run an oil that will blend with alachol. most 2 stroke oils will not mix with alky. Klots Supertechniplate is probably going to be your best bet. It mixes with alky and it contains 20% benol. I wouldnt run Maxima 927 or Klotz Benol because it buns. Klotz Benol is 100% caster oil. Caster oil is a good oil but it gums and carbons up rings pretty good.

The 105 octane figure is BS. I am not sure who conjured that, but generally that's not how alcohol fuels propensity to combust is measured.

Remember that just like other alcohol fuels, you will use approximately 60% more fuel for a given amount work compared to a gasoline based fuel. :geek:

This number is awful high for E85. The difference in energy density between the 2 fuels is around 29%. There are some guys here around indy running e85 in their drag cars and most of them have had to tune their cars to deliver between 30-40% more then gasoline.

You need to run an oil that will blend with alachol. most 2 stroke oils will not mix with alky. Klots Supertechniplate is probably going to be your best bet. It mixes with alky and it contains 20% benol. I wouldnt run Maxima 927 or Klotz Benol because it buns. Klotz Benol is 100% caster oil. Caster oil is a good oil but it gums and carbons up rings pretty good.

Maxima 927 is a pure castor based and mixes well with alcohol. Most of the drag racers around here us it. My Klotz R50 Supertechniplate bottle that I have says it is not for use with alcohol fuel on the back. Am I missing something? :geek:

This number is awful high for E85. The difference in energy density between the 2 fuels is around 29%. There are some guys here around indy running e85 in their drag cars and most of them have had to tune their cars to deliver between 30-40% more then gasoline.

The energy density difference is actually about 34% for E85 compared to gasoline........... The 60% number was a typo on my part. I was attempting to type 30%, but my fat fingers got in the way. :biggrin:

Maxima 927 is a pure castor based and mixes well with alcohol. Most of the drag racers around here us it. My Klotz R50 Supertechniplate bottle that I have says it is not for use with alcohol fuel on the back. Am I missing something? :geek:

Supertechniplate does mix with alcohol.Says it on the Front.