splitting cases

like it says i did a quick search and i didnt find nothing was wondering can you splitt the cases with out tearing of the topend off just had it rebuilt and i think my bearings to my tranny and clutch are bad

Edited by banshee(911)

I just read a post on here not too long ago about this. They said it can be done, i dont see any reason it couldn't. Just turn the motor upside down and lift the bottom half off. I guess you would just need to hold the trans in the bottom half with your hands carefully while you lower it back on.

Yes you can, just unbolt everything and pull the bottom off just make sure the crank stays in the top side of the case with the cylinders.

The tranny sit's in the top part of the case and the shift fork's and drum are in the bottom of the case.

I pulled mine apart this way and it worked great.

If you take your time you wont have any problem's and it will come right apart.

Yes you can, just unbolt everything and pull the bottom off just make sure the crank stays in the top side of the case with the cylinders.

The tranny sit's in the top part of the case and the shift fork's and drum are in the bottom of the case.

I pulled mine apart this way and it worked great.

If you take your time you wont have any problem's and it will come right apart.

What about when you go to put it back together, how do you ensure the shift forks engage properly if the gears are in the top half and you are trying to lower the bottom back on? Or is it a lot easier than i am making it out to be? This could def save some time if all you needed to to was some trans work or change a fork

What about when you go to put it back together, how do you ensure the shift forks engage properly if the gears are in the top half and you are trying to lower the bottom back on? Or is it a lot easier than i am making it out to be? This could def save some time if all you needed to to was some trans work or change a fork

just make sure everything is in neutral, once you set on the case, just shift it and see if it works,

You can eyeball between your cases to make sure the forks are lining up with the dogs correctly. Splitting the bottom without top works fine, done it several times. Keep in mind you won't be able to pull the crank this way because the pistons won't fit through the upper case.

Yes you can slide it right back toghter no problem, just like the guy's said above just keep a eye on it and take your time and DO NOT force it toghter.