Banshee won't start after installing advanced timing plate

Hello,

my shee did run well, but now I installed the advanced timing plate, using theproper flywheel puller etc., mounted it together and now shee wont start.

Iam getting a good spark.

Did I mount it properly, whenI want to advance the timing +4 as reccomended?

EDIT:CAN I USE THE RED LOCTITE ON THE BOLTS?

Pics:

plate1.jpg

plate2.jpg

Thank you very much!

Edited by pepehaha

So I unmounted the flywheel again, remountedthe timing plate to +4(i figured that it was mounted +1), checked everything and still wont start.

When kicking with the killswitch on it makes the same noise aswith the killswitch turned on - it doesn't even start for a sec...

Pickup gap? Did you connect the yellow stator wire to yellow on the harness, and the black to black on the harness? Flywheel key properly installed. Ground on timing plate hooked up correctly? Did you hit the flywheel or drop it at all? Did you drop the stator at all?

Every post on here is right. Said it yourself, ran good before you put this on. Has to be something simple. Check the ground is where I would start. The plugs will be wet if no fire is produced. Dry them off and leave them out and kick it over instead with them out and see if they spark at all after you check all the connections from the harness. You either plugged something in wrong, or you are not grounded.

Thank you all very much.

You can officially call me an idiot now :-)

Sure it was a simple stupid problem...

When I was washing my shee I taped the airbox to not allow any water in.

Guess what :-) I didnt remove the tape so no air for the motor = no good :-D

Than I was happy I found the mistake but still didnt fire up.

Guess what, I forgot to plug one spark plug cap...

LOL.

But when I finally fired it up, I warmed it up and took for a little ride. Wow, I couldn't belive the difference! Now it's easier to wheelie, and also I can wheelie in 3rd gear by just pushing the half throttle...

I don't think it added somuch low range, but huge midrangeand top boost!

Definitely worth the money andd work, I highly reccomend it!

Once again thank you guys!

Edited by pepehaha

Well I'm glad you found the problem.... I did something similar one time. I usually slide a sandwich bag over my snorkel when washing it and forgot to remove it. It didn't keep it from running because I have an outerwears lid, but I didn't discover it for a couple of days.