sprocket hub

i have this gap between my sprocket hub and bearing carrier, i have a Dual Grip Axle Nut im not sure if its tight enough, and i dont know if there is suppose to be any type of washer in between the two and here are some pictures for you to get a better idea

DSC03692.jpg

DSC03695-1.jpg

if not i might be guessing that the seal is sticking out or bearing

DSC03696.jpg

DSC03697.jpg

DSC03698.jpg

DSC03700.jpg

Edited by ds41

your axle is in wrong. the axle nuts should be on the brake side.. flip that shit around and it will fit right. there should be no gap.

wtf? mine are on the sprocket side to....i went down to the local yamaha dealer and there new 06 is the same way, i quess i will change mine to...lol

your axle is in wrong. the axle nuts should be on the brake side.. flip that shit around and it will fit right. there should be no gap.

Please tell me your Fucking with him. My shit came stock with the nut on the chain side, and is that way now.

Looks like you need to press your seal in, I did mine with a large socket and a rubber mallet.

o shoot really?? ill try that maybe itll work! shut the freak up!! haha im not that dumb buddy... thanx :evil:

Looks like you need to press your seal in, I did mine with a large socket and a rubber mallet.

if i do that it wont damagage the bearing? i was thinking of doing that but i didnt know what would happen to the bearings

just pound that baby in a little bit, you will be good...i was going to shit b/c all the quads ive ever saw the nuts were on the sprocket side

haha right it had me thinking for a while! haha but other than that do you know how tight the hub should be against the carrier and if it might just be the seal that is making it have that gap?

Yea just looks like your seal isn't pressed in far enough, should be flush/inwards of the carrier.

im not fuckin with him at all.. all my banshees always had the axle nuts on the brake side. ive never even seen one on the sprocket side..

also, what the fuck does the seal have to do with anything? looks to me like the part of the sprocket hub that supposed to fit inside of the seal isnt going into the seal. it shouldnt matter if the seal is in all the way or not, the hub should still be able to slide into the seal.