im getting zapped......

edbooo

ive been getting zapped from my bike at high rpms going up hills. i get a strong shock through my glove on my right hand every time i touch the front brake lever. this only happens when im racing up a hill. now that the season is over (glamis), i want to figure out whats causing this. the only possible cause i can think of is at the beginning of the glamis season i had my bike rewired to run dc current so i can run 4 lights. after the 200w ricky stator took a crap down i was fed up and asked the shop to wire it back to ac. soon after i was starting to get zapped to a point it wasnt fun duning anymore. now i was looking at cascade's website and they sell a harness for about 100 bucks. i was thinking of just buying it and see how it goes. do you guys have a easier solution? i appreciate the help.

ive been getting zapped from my bike at high rpms going up hills. i get a strong shock through my glove on my right hand every time i touch the front brake lever. this only happens when im racing up a hill. now that the season is over (glamis), i want to figure out whats causing this. the only possible cause i can think of is at the beginning of the glamis season i had my bike rewired to run dc current so i can run 4 lights. after the 200w ricky stator took a crap down i was fed up and asked the shop to wire it back to ac. soon after i was starting to get zapped to a point it wasnt fun duning anymore. now i was looking at cascade's website and they sell a harness for about 100 bucks. i was thinking of just buying it and see how it goes. do you guys have a easier solution? i appreciate the help.

Take it back to the shop that rewired it back to AC, tell them to take the bike for a ride.

It'll serve two purposes... it'll be funny to watch them get zapped...then they'll know the problem as well.

if you already paid them to convert it back, let them fix it.

Just came accross this and wondering if anyone else has had this? I'm getting the same shock but I have not had any new wiring done. Does not feel good at all, ha! Just started and about to start pulling apart but would like to know where a good starting point might be?

cheers

Same thing happens to me when I do a Plug Chop. I just have a Honda CR kill switch on the bars. I can kill the engine when it is Idleing with no problems. When I kill it at WOT and hit the front brake to stop I get zapped. Its isnt like getting zaped from the coil, just an electric zap. I now turn the key off to do my plug chops.

Things that we have seen in the shop are powder coated frames and poor ground terminations. All components need to have a good ground reference including engine to chassis. This is VERY common for pained frames. Stator grounds to motor, Coil grounds to chassis, if it cannot get there, it will arc through you to try and get there. Easiest way to find this is put a multi meter on ground point of motor and one of the ignition mount bolts. That would ring out with zero ohms. Any resistance at all will be a problem.

Brandon