Bob's Raceway, Clarkston MI T&T May 10th.

dajogejr

I'm gonna pick up a fresh 5 for that day...

I got a little over half tank in the bike left over from PS...so, I'll mix up some fresh, call it a day. Hopefully we get enough passes in..

Shayne, if you want the carrier, I say we just swap them once we get back home.

To be 100% honest, I don't feel like taking mine off, putting yours on, etc., after we just got done riding and before another 2 hour ride home. I'm gonna slap mine back together tonight!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How fresh is it, JT?? I might pick up 5 gallons...if you don't mind sir.

No problem picking it up for Shayne O Mac if you don't make it...but you and Brent better...we might have a little race setup for Brent.

You think you'll have the stinger tubes done by then, JT?? My bike is 100% ready except it might be a loud if I start it right now...LOL. I'll probably have to drain the purge gas/oil from the carbs, otherwise...I'm ready to go.

Damn, i havent checked this topic for this!! I should be there for sure with my new alcohol setup! Im guna try to get over to Jeremy (Toyboxx) house to help me get it goin.. Hopefullly u guys can help an alcohol newbie get dialed in... I might not have a purge system setup yet, but no big deal..

Shit! I also need a pingel dont I??

By the way, can anyone pick me up a 5gal bucket so I can have some fuel.. I dont know where to get it over here yet. I would really appreciate it! Also, ill be fine running supertechniplate with it right?

Lookin forward to seein everyone!!

-JD

Couple things. Talk to JT, he's getting half a barrel of methanol.

Go to direct drive and get their quick disconnect fuel fittings, JD.

It's what I have, and it is more simple than using one of those multi-fitting blocks...

Probably cost less than 20 in fittings. Don't forget to gut your gas cap, and drill out the vent tube line. I drill mine 1/8 inch.

I've got new things I'm trying on mine, but I promise I'll do my best to find time to help you as well!!

Couple things. Talk to JT, he's getting half a barrel of methanol.

Go to direct drive and get their quick disconnect fuel fittings, JD.

It's what I have, and it is more simple than using one of those multi-fitting blocks...

Probably cost less than 20 in fittings. Don't forget to gut your gas cap, and drill out the vent tube line. I drill mine 1/8 inch.

I've got new things I'm trying on mine, but I promise I'll do my best to find time to help you as well!!

can u hook me up with a link on those fittings?? Can i get away with using my stock petcock and drilling my cap?? Thanks for the advice dave, Im in unchartered waters here and would like to have this setup ready for test and tune!

JD

Yep...hooked you up in the sandpit/shout box....but I think you went away...LOL.

I put the female end on the line going to my fuel pump, and the male end on the line from my gas tank valve and my purge tank. You'll have to figure out how yours is gonna work. I run a fuel pump with one inlet, two outlet....:)

If you're running dual pingle, you'll need two female ends, 4 male ends (2 for the fuel lines from the pingle, two for the purge tank lines and use a T. You don't need anything special for the purge bottle, just a T with the quick disconnect lines.

Scroll to the bottom...

http://directdrivecnc.net/Miscpage.html

Yep...hooked you up in the sandpit/shout box....but I think you went away...LOL.

I put the female end on the line going to my fuel pump, and the male end on the line from my gas tank valve and my purge tank. You'll have to figure out how yours is gonna work. I run a fuel pump with one inlet, two outlet....:)

If you're running dual pingle, you'll need two female ends, 4 male ends (2 for the fuel lines from the pingle, two for the purge tank lines and use a T. You don't need anything special for the purge bottle, just a T with the quick disconnect lines.

Scroll to the bottom...

http://directdrivecnc.net/Miscpage.html

yea, im busy as hell at work.. So can I get away with running a stock petcock valve or no?? Thanks for all the info bud!! And yea, ill prolly miss the shoutobox activity and refresh this when I get to my comp! haha

If you know anyone with a pingel, I will buy it asap!

I run a pump, I wouldn't trust a stock fuel valve with no pump...unless you had billet bowls. Even then..that would make me nervous. I'd feel much safer with a dual pingle....

You can get away with a stock petcock.....but take it off the tank and take the filters off the petcock. Also be very careful about how you run your lines and how you plumb the tee in. Once all hooked up turn the petcock on and make sure fuel flows freely to both carbs. Or you can just buy a pingle and be done with it.

I run a pump, I wouldn't trust a stock fuel valve with no pump...unless you had billet bowls. Even then..that would make me nervous. I'd feel much safer with a dual pingle....

Agreed, i dont want to take any chances. EBAY HERE WE COME!

Fine point Roger.

First thing I did was remove and gut the reserve and on screens on mine, then gutted and drilled the gas cap...

First time out with meth...I'd be nervous...either way, I know I sure was...:)

Remember, FAT AS A PIG...then lean down.

Fine point Roger.

First thing I did was remove and gut the reserve and on screens on mine, then gutted and drilled the gas cap...

First time out with meth...I'd be nervous...either way, I know I sure was...:)

Remember, FAT AS A PIG...then lean down.

yea, im nervous for sure, but excited as hell. Ive been running the same setup for a while now, time to get something new going! I think this will suit me good! Just got it all in yesterday, and its all pretty new stuff, ready to rock and roll. I dont know the specs on the carbs yet, If I call the guy and ask him, what am I looking for? All i know is that they are 34Pjs, converted to alcohol, and polished. I think im just guna get a damn pingel, run 5/16" lines, get it all hooked up with quick disconnects and stuff.... Better order this stuff today huh!