Blew her up

Was riding today down a flat wide open trail pinned in 6th gear lost power and the rear end locked up. At first it was set up, then got a tow home tried it and it was free, but found no compression in the left side. question is..what to do? Whats the best top end kit vs cost effective? I have some money to play with but I don't want to dump a ton into it. Any ideas what this will cost me? My mods are in my sig. I would appreciate any and all help.

Sounds like it might of gone lean and seized up. Damaged rings & holes in the piston don't allow compression. Take that top end appart & let's see the damage. Hopefully there's no debris in the crankcase , if so you'll have to split the cases. Top end kids are a bit over a bill, RJATV has good prices on those top end kits. Common price for bore & hone is 50 bux a hole. Check the domes for pitting..

Jetting sounds good but that doesn't mean you didn't have an air leak on one of the gaskets or seals. I leakdown test would determine so. Debris in the crankcase is very bad. You don't want anything muching away at the crank & bearings & you sure as hell don't want it ruining the new bore/hone! If the piston did break, you'll prob also find alum chunks in the pipe!

nah,just wanderin why when i bought my new shee, it was suposed to have anew top end in it, and we looked into(beyond the reeds, and checked the pistons out, they looked perfect except 2 perfect lines on each piston in the same spot, just wandering if they left debris, might e cold sezure thoug, but i dont think so.

you probably need to fatten her up. i live at 900-1000 feet above sea level. i have 350 mains, stock needles w/clip in middle, 25 or 27.5 pilots. i know for a fact that i couldn't be running anything less than 330 mains. i might drop to 340 this year, but will have to keep a closer eye on plug color. my buddies banshee would always blow up when running 280-290 mains like what you have. he also has 19cc domes w/pro design head. all his other mods are exactly the same as mine. he had to go up to 370 or 380 mains. his airbox lid has holes drilled in too. he runs a 50/50 mix of 110 race to 93 pump gas. him and i both mix our oil ratios to 50:1. he runs belray oil, i use amsoil dominator. you could of had an air leak too. i doubt that though. i would be willing to bet, that your mains are too lean. jet yours like mine is and go from there.