yamaha yfz 450 starting problems

blanco25

I figured I would ask you guys a question about my 450. You guys have been helpful with my banshee and I see a couple of you have 450's. Well my girlfriend was riding the 450 and it stalled and never started agian. I had to tow it back with my banshee. why have the tables turned. When I got back to camp I noticed the leads coming fromt he starter relay were loose on the battery, Tightened them up and nothing. Took my battery to dealership they stated battery wouldn't hold charge so bought new battery installed it nothing. Tried to start by bypassing the starter relay nothing. Then noticed the red and black wire that goes into the Starter cutt off relay was frayed through the insulation. So I clipped it and butted it together. Now nothin. NOw the only thing that happens is it makes a clicking noise. So i replaced the starter cutt off relay the smaller one in the back, STill not starting. Now when I try to start it the clicks get faster but not starting. Now im new to this bike as far as working on it. i dont have a wiring diagram or meter so Im kinda SOL. But maybe one of you know what that red and black wire runs to. Any help would be appreciated. I really wanted to ride this weekend. But my girlfriend would be pissed if I left her behind. Thanks. The bike is an 06 yamaha

CHECK THE FUSES ON THE STARTER RELAY. TURN THE KEY ON AND JUMP THE RELAY WITH A SCREWDRIVER OR HEAVY WIRE. IT COULD ALSO BE THE NUETRAL SWITCH, BRAKE SWITCH, CLUTCH SWITCH OR THE SHUTOFF SWITCH. IF YOU GET A CLICK WHEN YOU HIT THE START BUTTON IT COULD ALSO BE A BAD RELAY OR STARTER. TRY JUMPING THE RELAY FIRST.

i tried the screwdriver across the relay and nothin just sparks and click. The fuses are good I just put two brand new ones in. Atv cycle sports said if I jumped the relay and it started the relay was bad. If it didn't start the relay should be okay. Im not familiar with these bikes. Changed my plug and oil while waiting for peoples response. I just pray the motor isn't f**cked. I would like to find something showing me these different switches that you talk about. Thanks for your response. And sorry Im a beginner at this. Thing is I really dont want to take it to a shop due to the fact Im buying a house and need every penny ,move in is 2 weeks. Anything will help. thanks

check for battery voltage at your starter motor, check continuity to ground from the starter body to chassis ground.. theres probably and open from the relay to starter motor