Work Pictures

Dinner

The Lonestars are about the gayest looking thing out there. Can you tell the stylist behind that body work is a German and a big fan of model trains (I have met the guy)? :biggrin:

He didn't try to...uh...run a train on you, did he? LOL....

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

That yellow Kenworth is nice....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i agree that is pretty homo looking but i bet its nice inside and smooth driving. the only thing i really dont like about all those new trucks is they have a fucking warning light for everything even if your fuel sloshes it has a warning signal. :shoothead:

One of the interesting things my group does is competitor quality evaluation. International is terrible on the truck side of things, beyond that, the Locestar we got our hands on developed a harmonic in the roof cap at 45 mph that made you feel like your head was going to explode if you didn't open a window.

Atleast Freightliners don't have fuel slosh warning lights, but depending on how you spec. the truck, you can pretty much get a warning light for anything. :geek:

Atleast Freightliners don't have fuel slosh warning lights, but depending on how you spec. the truck, you can pretty much get a warning light for anything. :geek:

Yea pretty much, Like I dunno It's nice to be able to monitor stuff..whether a warning light or a gauge. Like here is a pic of some of the gauges in this truck, there are obviously more around the head console/steering wheel area, but yea:

Picture002-5.jpg

And there are probably a lot of guys out there that will like the new Lonestars. I havn't seen the interiors up close and personal, but they do look pretty nice, IMO. But then again I don't really care about the interior or body because I work on chasis, some engine stuff, suspension, and well everything else other than major engine, body and interior work :geek:

Yea pretty much, Like I dunno It's nice to be able to monitor stuff..whether a warning light or a gauge. Like here is a pic of some of the gauges in this truck, there are obviously more around the head console/steering wheel area, but yea:

That secondary gauge panel probably cost quite a bit of cash. Not too many folks seem to spend that kind of money on the classic round gauges anymore. I take that truck is onwed by an owner/operator?

International is terrible on the truck side of things

You have not seen anything till you see the ford and international F650 and F750 talk about a cluster f$%! try looking up parts for those things. international bulids the frame and ford bulids the cab and hood. those things are the biggest pile of shit!!!! i thought the sterling was bad till i saw those. but they pay for the parts for the shee :thumbsup:

That secondary gauge panel probably cost quite a bit of cash. Not too many folks seem to spend that kind of money on the classic round gauges anymore. I take that truck is onwed by an owner/operator?

He was a Solo guy...running one truck himself. Was a Kenworth we were installing a wetline on..

International is terrible on the truck side of things

You have not seen anything till you see the ford and international F650 and F750 talk about a cluster f$%! try looking up parts for those things. international bulids the frame and ford bulids the cab and hood. those things are the biggest pile of shit!!!! i thought the sterling was bad till i saw those. but they pay for the parts for the shee :thumbsup:

The Sterlings are back to being 100% Daimler............. you just have to wait for the new models to come out inorder to get rid of the old DOdge and Ford crap off of them. :biggrin:

Picture002-5.jpg
Not too many folks seem to spend that kind of money on the classic round gauges anymore.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think those gauges look hot! I would definately use those if I were driving a truck.

I always hated driving cars with digital speedometers, etc. I much prefer the look of the round needle gauges or at least something with a needle.

The Sterlings are back to being 100% Daimler............. you just have to wait for the new models to come out inorder to get rid of the old DOdge and Ford crap off of them. :biggrin:

If we still have the Sterling in our shop I will take some pics of it and the interior. Brand new, has the manual/auto tranny in it (you can pick). Though you will already know that Fire, this is for the other members :biggrin:

I don't know about anyone else, but I think those gauges look hot! I would definately use those if I were driving a truck.

I always hated driving cars with digital speedometers, etc. I much prefer the look of the round needle gauges or at least something with a needle.

I really like those gauges too, driving that truck was really nice...then again I have a thing for Kenworths. But still, gauges are nice LED White background with red needles, mmmm! I don't think this picture does them any justice, they are soo nice and easy to read.

From a different Kenworth:

Kenworth9.jpg

They are still a pain in the a$$ to look up parts for, i have to have 6 web sites to look up a part for them :down: but they still pay for the shee so i guess i cant bitch to much"seeing how we are one of the only two sterlings dealers in the state". firehead what are the going to do about the bullets? are they going to be Daimler or still dodge?

Edited by DEADONE

If we still have the Sterling in our shop I will take some pics of it and the interior. Brand new, has the manual/auto tranny in it (you can pick). Though you will already know that Fire, this is for the other members :biggrin:

I really like those gauges too, driving that truck was really nice...then again I have a thing for Kenworths. But still, gauges are nice LED White background with red needles, mmmm! I don't think this picture does them any justice, they are soo nice and easy to read.

From a different Kenworth:

Kenworth9.jpg

I generally like the Kenworth/Peterbuilt interiors better than Daimlers, but our new Coronado and Western Star replacement model are going to be pretty hot. :geek:

They are still a pain in the a$$ to look up parts for, i have to have 6 web sites to look up a part for them :down: but they still pay for the shee so i guess i cant bitch to much"seeing how we are one of the only two sterlings dealers in the state". firehead what are the going to do about the bullets? are they going to be Daimler or still dodge?

The Sterling Bullets will be back to all Daimler by 2009. You will have to put up with their divided crap until then. It should be easier to get Cummins engines in them by then as well. :thumbsup:

I generally like the Kenworth/Peterbuilt interiors better than Daimlers, but our new Coronado and Western Star replacement model are going to be pretty hot. :geek:

Yea I really like the interiors of the Kenworths. Pete's are nice too don't get me wrong. The only thing I don't like in some older pete's is how the drivers got the seat so far away from the steering wheel and clutch, and the seat is so fricken low. I dunno, I guess im not big on sitting that low that you see the ground like 15' in front of you and having to reach to push the clutch in or turn the steering wheel :ermm: Owell I don't drive for a living, so it don't matter :laugh:

Oh and I wasn't able to get pics of the new Sterling we had in. The guy came and picked it up today :down: