Found out the bad news tonight..

well i finally decided to tear down my motor to find the reason the right side wasn't running.. sadly i found the piston seized in the cylinder thinking that was the end of my problems i didn't think it was too bad then somehow i looked down to see theres a very nice about 1/2 inch by 2 inch crack in my cases

should i just part it out and cope my loss or be better to rebuild it? what would be cheaper?

Damn that stinks. Well the piston may have been gualling(sp?) but it wasnt seized. It wont run if it was seized up. Where is the crack? I cant imagine how you had a hole in the case and have to tear it down to notice it. Give us some more detailed info if you want help please.

perhaps you can have them welded? ask local shops if they specialize in welding CAST ALUMINUM. feel out your answer, if it dont sound right dont let them weld your shit.

if the crack is a hairline you might be able to get away with powdercoating them. i dont know how far pc would go as to seal cases but i imagine if the pc was done good it could work since its resistant to oil and gas.

post up a pic of the case. If it's not a load bearing part of the case, more than likely it can be welded and ground down. They're pretty resilient, believe it or not...

Even if it needs a crank rebuild, fresh bore, welded cases and new pistons, you're only looking at 300 to 500 bucks. So...decide if it's worth it to part it or fix and keep it.

There are so many used, quality parts for these things out there....it can be done cheaply and easily...