PVL Ignition

FireHead

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let us know bud.....we want to help you get this figured out!

I didn't get a chance to fool with it last night. My new second kill switch ought to be here today.......... Maybe I can get home early enough to fiddle with the thing tonight. :geek:

I didn't get a chance to fool with it last night. My new second kill switch ought to be here today.......... Maybe I can get home early enough to fiddle with the thing tonight. :geek:

I kicked the thing around with the kill switch unplugged and she still doesn't fire. I need to get out and test the damn coil with a DVOM. :banghead:

I kicked the thing around with the kill switch unplugged and she still doesn't fire. I need to get out and test the damn coil with a DVOM. :banghead:

you need to test the blue and black wire with an omh meter i forget what number its sopuse to give you if its any good i think it between 117 and 126 but not sure......also for the gaping part i have use a bussiness card and as long as it fits snug inbetween the fly wheel and the moons it should work.....the only thing that goes bad on pvl from experience is those pvl moons........hope that helps.......i also have a question for you [i know i have a mini]do this motors[twister cyl] rev as hard or are they sopused to rev as hard as the chettha motors?thanks

you need to test the blue and black wire with an omh meter i forget what number its sopuse to give you if its any good i think it between 117 and 126 but not sure......also for the gaping part i have use a bussiness card and as long as it fits snug inbetween the fly wheel and the moons it should work.....the only thing that goes bad on pvl from experience is those pvl moons........hope that helps.......i also have a question for you [i know i have a mini]do this motors[twister cyl] rev as hard or are they sopused to rev as hard as the chettha motors?thanks

Yeah, I know I need to check those out........... I'll get it worked on tomorrow (i have to fool around with some byrd tonight).

A Twister small block ought to rev as fast or faster than a Cheetah cylinder. If it doesn't you potentially, have some intake/exhaust compatibility issues. :geek:

Yeah, I know I need to check those out........... I'll get it worked on tomorrow (i have to fool around with some byrd tonight).

A Twister small block ought to rev as fast or faster than a Cheetah cylinder. If it doesn't you potentially, have some intake/exhaust compatibility issues. :geek:

i think i have more like a jetting issue......my bike was geared 17/43 and it pulled that gearing with no problem, the only thing was that once i shift into 3rd and 4th it would just kind of cruise it was'nt screaming.....i geared it to a 16/43 and still have that same problem........this bike stands striaght up half way down the track..........ill have to fool oround with my jetting and gearing a bit......fuck..................should i even consider putting a 15 in the front for this motor?...........and good luck with the byrd :banghead: :shrug: :shoothead:

i think i have more like a jetting issue......my bike was geared 17/43 and it pulled that gearing with no problem, the only thing was that once i shift into 3rd and 4th it would just kind of cruise it was'nt screaming.....i geared it to a 16/43 and still have that same problem........this bike stands striaght up half way down the track..........ill have to fool oround with my jetting and gearing a bit......fuck..................should i even consider putting a 15 in the front for this motor?...........and good luck with the byrd :banghead: :shrug: :shoothead:

I think your engine could pull a 15 in the front. You ought to try that.

I checked my PVL out with DVOM and it appears to be fine. Either my timing of the engine is too screwed up to make it sputter, or the PVL's are not all they are cracked up to be. :confused:

its hard for me to explain the hole install thing..........my buddy tony just took apart his 12mil cheetha and his going to be installing his pvl......ill take step by step pictures and post them up for you......he should be putting his bike back toghether like tuesday of next week 5/18............just hang on a little longer.....or ill video tape it and shipped the tape to you........

also you really think my bike should be geared that low with a 15 in the front?i mean this bike wants to rip my arms out with a front 17...........whats your starting point on gearing on yours?now remember i'am at sea level i dont know if you are at sea level........ :shoothead:

Edited by bada450r

I think your engine could pull a 15 in the front. You ought to try that.

I checked my PVL out with DVOM and it appears to be fine. Either my timing of the engine is too screwed up to make it sputter, or the PVL's are not all they are cracked up to be. :confused:

The pvl does work..REALLY..lol

its hard for me to explain the hole install thing..........my buddy tony just took apart his 12mil cheetha and his going to be installing his pvl......ill take step by step pictures and post them up for you......he should be putting his bike back toghether like tuesday of next week 5/18............just hang on a little longer.....or ill video tape it and shipped the tape to you........

also you really think my bike should be geared that low with a 15 in the front?i mean this bike wants to rip my arms out with a front 17...........whats your starting point on gearing on yours?now remember i'am at sea level i dont know if you are at sea level........ :shoothead:

I am running a 15/43 setup on mine. However, you have to remember that I have not run my bike yet, other than on an engine dyno. What are you running for tires these days?

Pictures are cool of the PVL install.......... I am operating under the assumption that I will not actually be able to see spark kicking it over. I am going to re-time the thing and hope that's the problem, since everything else tests out good. :geek:

I am running a 15/43 setup on mine. However, you have to remember that I have not run my bike yet, other than on an engine dyno. What are you running for tires these days?

Pictures are cool of the PVL install.......... I am operating under the assumption that I will not actually be able to see spark kicking it over. I am going to re-time the thing and hope that's the problem, since everything else tests out good. :geek:

i got 21-11 paddle 71 rollout haulers sls............whats your elevation up in or?15/43 is what my cub was geared at for the hill with 10 paddle 71 rollout sls. on a stock chassy........... give a 15 a try see how it works out.............by the way i sold my 4mil cub to my buddy tuny and he put it on a drag chassy and is now running 11 paddles with a 15/42 gearing...is just hard for me to accept my 10 mil will be geared the same as my old 4mil cub.....shit more money on gears

i got 21-11 paddle 71 rollout haulers sls............whats your elevation up in or?15/43 is what my cub was geared at for the hill with 10 paddle 71 rollout sls. on a stock chassy........... give a 15 a try see how it works out.............by the way i sold my 4mil cub to my buddy tuny and he put it on a drag chassy and is now running 11 paddles with a 15/42 gearing...is just hard for me to accept my 10 mil will be geared the same as my old 4mil cub.....shit more money on gears

I figure we sorted most of this out on phone today, but I figured I post it here just in case it might helps someone else. I am at sea level for the most part. I am rolling a 15/43 on my bike at the moment. My paddles are 14 paddle exterem super lights that roll 80" on 10 psi. If you ride at Pismo alot, I think you need to stock up gearing combinations. The sand moisture content changes like crazy at that place through out the weekend.

Also to recap, I got my bike running with the PVL last night / this moring. In the higher rpm region of operation the engine fell on its face (down about 40hp). We screwed around with it for a bit on the dyno and could get it sorted out. I through the board with a Dyna/Nology setup on and the problem magically disappeared.

I have no idea what was causing the no spark issue on the PVL. I am afraid I don't have a good enough understanding of the PVL timing behavior to understand how ti fix the high rpm bog. The Dyna/Nology setup is what is going to the hill next weekend with nexto no shakedown hours on it. Hoefully, it will atleast make a few folks hollar before something breaks. :biggrin:

..............and now that I have been fooling around with the bike for a bit, the thing kicked back on me on broke something in the kick start geartrain. Now, if I kick the kick start lever, it moves down very easily and never engages to turn the engine over. Do any of you guys have any ideas about what I am going to find broken when I pull the clutch cover off?

:geek:

i got 21-11 paddle 71 rollout haulers sls............

I thought those were 22" paddles Pablo?

..............and now that I have been fooling around with the bike for a bit, the thing kicked back on me on broke something in the kick start geartrain. Now, if I kick the kick start lever, it moves down very easily and never engages to turn the engine over. Do any of you guys have any ideas about what I am going to find broken when I pull the clutch cover off?

That sucks man!!! It't never ending!

A REALLY small dead pirate hooker???