PVL Ignition

FireHead

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I bring the A game this early, you won't have anything to look forward to the rest of the day...

:yelrotflmao:

I can't remember my own name until after 10am........... you're lucky I could type that. The ribbed for your pleasure thing was a bit of a stretch in the seat thread as well........ maybe you're having an off day? :confused:

I can't remember my own name until after 10am........... you're lucky I could type that. The ribbed for your pleasure thing was a bit of a stretch in the seat thread as well........ maybe you're having an off day? :confused:

Gotta pay credit where credits due... I was laughing at that ribbed for your pleasure line...

Laughing at Dave just encourages him............. :biggrin:

I've noticed Mark! Ha! You get that PVL put on yet? I picked mine up the other day... Just waiting on my frame... Should be here soon though.

I've noticed Mark! Ha! You get that PVL put on yet? I picked mine up the other day... Just waiting on my frame... Should be here soon though.

The PVL is on, but the wiring is not done. I need to buy a new kill switch from Cascade today, but other than that.......she's going to be a runner this weekend.

Unfortunately, I don't have a rear shock, due to Yarnell under estimating their lead time by quite a bit (which I am kind of cranky about), so I won't be riding it around this weekend unless I buy a shock out at Cascade. :ermm:

The PVL is on, but the wiring is not done. I need to buy a new kill switch from Cascade today, but other than that.......she's going to be a runner this weekend.

Unfortunately, I don't have a rear shock, due to Yarnell under estimating their lead time by quite a bit (which I am kind of cranky about), so I won't be riding it around this weekend unless I buy a shock out at Cascade. :ermm:

Not too much more man!!! can't wait to get a full ride report... It's a 10mm mini right?

Not too much more man!!! can't wait to get a full ride report... It's a 10mm mini right?

That's a 10mil big block............. Mini's are for pussies? (j/k)

I bought the Elka setup that Cascade has had on their site for awhile so now I have to madly swap some stuff around and get the PVL timed inorder to get out to Sand Lake today.............. I think I might already to too late to get out of the house, but we'll see. :geek:

Man I hope these are simpler than just reading about it on here. I have one of these coming with my new motor.

- Justin

The initial setup is the hassle. You need a dial indicator and a good mounting system. Most people don't know what that is let alon have them in their garage.

Beyond that, SoCalinit, where the hell is the mark on the moons to line the flywheel up to? This is the last part I don't get.......... Then she's a runner and a roller. :geek:

That's a 10mil big block............. Mini's are for pussies? (j/k)

What's the bore size?

Pablo bada450r went with the mini... I can't wait to see how his is going to run... We're going to be racing here real soon.

What's the bore size?

Pablo bada450r went with the mini... I can't wait to see how his is going to run... We're going to be racing here real soon.

My bore is at 78mm.

...........my PVL does not have any spark at any time. The static timing is correct, I have good continuity everywhere, the rotor is gapped properly, and I don't know what to do next. Do any of you guys have pictures of your installation? Maybe I can see something I screwed up.......... :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a pvl for years. Never a problem with it. Simple to set up and a nice clean package. BUT I cant say I ran any faster with it. For what it cost I beleive my money could have been better spent.

Dave the gremlins I was having towards the end of the year wasnt the ignition. The seaction of one dome broke inside the oring ( the small divider between it and the chamber). It leaked a little coolant and trashed the top of the cylinder $$$. Still ran 4.09 like that lol

Going to go back to a stock cdi with a nology coil this year to satisfy my curiosity.

Firehead when I first installed mine I didnt see any spark. After a few calls and bit of panic I checked it again with the lights off and a good hard kick and it sparked. They have a rather weak spark until the rpms come up. Grounds are very important as you have heard. I grounded the coils to the frame and then a ground from there to the side cover and one to head as well. Be sure you have the small and large spade connectors plugged in properly. The small pigtail off the coils is for the kill switch's. You have two teathers correct? I tried running one and it wouldt run