Excessive Smoke

Duramax

My banshee is producing a lot of smoke right at throttle through WOT. There is no bog at all. I looked at the plugs and they were pretty wet. I have been doing some reading for about an hour. I am assuming this is because it is running rich. It was running great two weeks ago, but it has since warmed up about 10-15 degrees outside. Should I go down a jet size? I messed with the air screws and that did nothing.... Right now I am running a 220 main jet and I am at 5000 ft. If I need to go down a jet size, what size(s) should I try? I have:

FMF SST pipes

Cool Head

Reeds

k&n pods

Boost Bottle (soon to be removed after reading this forum)

Redline oil at 40:1.

If it is not the main jet size where should I start? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

if this change happen as the weather got warmer, yes i would try a smaller main jet. Make sure to check your jetting so you dont run too lean after you drop a size. good luck.

220 seems awfully LEAN to me, just put FMF fatties on the wifes shee...hers is jetted at 250 and the pipes are absolutetly the only modification. You need to clean your air filters and do a plug chop! A rich condition in the pilot or needle can mask a lean condition on top when just pulling a plug and looking at it. Also, are you certain you got your oil mixture right?? Also, when reading a spark plug you look at the flat on the end of the threads not at the side.

I cleaned the filters and still getting the smoke. Don't I need to ride it around for 30 minutes to do a plug chop? I am not sure if I want to do that because it seems to be running really rich. Anything else I can do to troubleshoot? I am thinking of taking it to South Valley Yamaha and have them troubleshoot. I would just like to try and get it fixed myself. I also had a bunch of oil and fouling all over the one plug still. Any thoughts before I open my wallet to the stealership?

I cleaned the filters and still getting the smoke. Don't I need to ride it around for 30 minutes to do a plug chop? I am not sure if I want to do that because it seems to be running really rich. Anything else I can do to troubleshoot? I am thinking of taking it to South Valley Yamaha and have them troubleshoot. I would just like to try and get it fixed myself. I also had a bunch of oil and fouling all over the one plug still. Any thoughts before I open my wallet to the stealership?

i would look at the reeds on the side that happening to.