My Porting

Here ya go guys, just thought I would post a few quick pics of my portwork. It's a dune port the intakes have been reshaped, the exhaust widened...raised (196 deg.)and polished, the transfers raised a little to match the exhaust work and the boost port raised to come on at the same time as the transfers. Let me know what you think??? I'm not affraid of a little constructive critisism, so let me have it!med_gallery_27191_685_687202.jpg

med_gallery_27191_685_552160.jpg

med_gallery_27191_685_14617.jpg:thanks:

Pipes? Recheck compression after raising that exhaust port so much, you should find its dropped quite a bit. I cant tell from the pics, the step in the top off the intake does well when being ground down like a ramp. Which bits did you use to do that?

Pipes? Recheck compression after raising that exhaust port so much, you should find its dropped quite a bit. I cant tell from the pics, the step in the top off the intake does well when being ground down like a ramp. Which bits did you use to do that?

Running CPI's, I use several 1/4 and 1/8 inch air and electric tools/bits to do them. Yes, they are ramped...the step above the intake windows is completely gone. Haven't got it all back together yet, my comp. should be around low 140's with my 19's (5000')

You said you raised the trans a bit. You hopefully know the degrees of trans duration VS the exh is very important. This difference is called the blowdown in degrees. Hopefully your in the high 120s for trans duration @ 196 deg exh.

I think your porting looks pretty good, you obviously have good control of your porting tools. Like Radar says, I'd question the 196 ex. and raising the trans a little bit equals blowdown timing. Maybe the wording is throwing us off here but the timing will make the difference between a good port job and a great one. Otherwise, based upon the pictures this was not your first set ported? Hope this helps, Machwon.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies fellas :thanks: This is the fourth port job I've done, I've got over 20 hrs cutting alone in these cylinders and countless more hours changing and tinkering with them to make them run better. I'd like to dyno them eventually just to see how much power they make. I don't actually know the exact degree of duration on my transfers, these are on a stock stroke bike and the tranfers are at 42mm from the deck. These pull pretty damn hard and still sign on real early, I am very pleased with the results on these. I am probably going to raise the transfers an other .5mm next time it is apart. :thumbsup:

Kevin Herr, hooked me up converting my measurements :thanks: , my transfer duration is 125.5 deg. If I'm not mistaken that should put me at 70.5 degrees of blowdown. Like said above I plan on raising them a little more next time shee's apart. Also checked my compression and I'm at 141 in both cylinders. Thanks for all of your replies fellas.

• 6 years later...