compression in cooling system

Hulio-mv

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh so you didnt have a problem with the piston in this set just the orings popping out? i am getting confused becasue there has been like 60 differant topics in this post

right just o-rings popping out all the other stuss has ben in reply to questions and trying togive more info so the good guys can help me.

as far as I can tell it is not the same place and it is a modquad head if it makes any difference I amnot sure if I put the same dome back on the same side either but both times I took it apart it has been the right dome ring -kickstart side

Assuming that your old cylinders were .100 over and your new cylinders are 64mm and you didnt change the domes size this could be the route of your problems. With the new cylinders being smaller you will have a smaller combustion area and more compression also did your old cylinders have any porting done to them? This would cause lower compression before and allow you to run this setup with pump gas. Right now you are way over the limit of safely running pump gas with your compression/timing combo. Sounds like to me and this is just my $.02 that you just have to much compression and timing for pump gas, keep in mind that there are many different varibles that can effect your compression like bore size, porting, squish, base gaskets, and how fresh the motor is just to name a few. This may be why you were okay before and not now, try lowering the compression by putting in a larger size dome and i would also consider getting the dome custom cut to fit your motor cause it sounds like your squish is a tad loose or you might try a thinner base gasket if available.

Just my $.02

Andy

M&M ATV

TEST YOUR RADIATOR CAP! AND COOLING SYSTEM! THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM.

it should hold 18 psi for 1 minute and as far as aviation fuel "AV gas" it has antifreeze in it, and not for banshee... for high in sky airplane

Ok had my cap tested and it started blowing bubbles at 11-12. the clymer said 13.5 to 17.8 so if mine is less it shouldnt cause the prob I am having right? Called modquad and talked to Mike after a long talk he said that I should try 50/50 and see if that works any better. So when my new domes and o-rings get here I will try it and see how it goes. Thanks everyone for the help. and any more that may come :thanks:

I see kno way this is a comp. problem... his squish is near perfect.. this is a cooling system problem so focus on this we are going waaay off track

your cap is bad its not within spec. your cap is not relieving pressure so its finding another place to relief itslef like your head o-rings... word replace it and it should solve your problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok after checking fuel options locally I decided not to put the 19cc domes in and ordered a set of 20cc domes just got them in and a cold compression test shows 155-160 each side still too much for pump gass right. maby i will order a set of 21cc :wallbash:

Ok after checking fuel options locally I decided not to put the 19cc domes in and ordered a set of 20cc domes just got them in and a cold compression test shows 155-160 each side still too much for pump gass right. maby i will order a set of 21cc :wallbash:

i personally would not run pump but i know there are several guys that do. it's ultimately up to you