CHROME?

so heres my question i have toomey t5s and theyre not chrome plated i want to get them chromed but dont know how well it will hold up or where to do it. has anyone had this done if so where how much and how is it holdin up for ya.any advice is helpful thanks.

so heres my question i have toomey t5s and theyre not chrome plated i want to get them chromed but dont know how well it will hold up or where to do it. has anyone had this done if so where how much and how is it holdin up for ya.any advice is helpful thanks.

Good Chrome is expensive. You'd be looking at $300 for a set from me plus shipping. Shipping is costly too on pipes. I chromed Fireheads pipes on here and others on the area. The process takes close to 30 days to clean all the oils out and off the pipes. We have to wait till the soap take will be cycled just cause it is so bad. Like John said most places won't touch them and since your looking close to $400 with shipping both ways from me, you might be better off with new pipes.

Unless you plan to stick with T-5s for a long time I'd look for new. Might be better off.

Good Chrome is expensive. You'd be looking at $300 for a set from me plus shipping. Shipping is costly too on pipes. I chromed Fireheads pipes on here and others on the area. The process takes close to 30 days to clean all the oils out and off the pipes. We have to wait till the soap take will be cycled just cause it is so bad. Like John said most places won't touch them and since your looking close to $400 with shipping both ways from me, you might be better off with new pipes.

Unless you plan to stick with T-5s for a long time I'd look for new. Might be better off.

thanks for the help deffinetly leaning towards the new side of things then, ive been thinkin about a set of cpi's or shearers anyways.

If the appearance of the chrome is important to you i would buy them from cascade. About 50 bucks more than from other vendors, but they get them raw and then have their plater chrome them. I just got a brand new set of shearers and the chrome is pretty bad IMHO. Had i known the difference, i would have got them from cascade

Yep Cascade all the way. I wanted nice CPI's so I got mine from them. They do Toomey T5's, Shearer, and CPI. Toomey has pretty good chrome from there factory, but Shearer and CPI's have been known to flake off and look not so hot in general.

Here are my CPI's no blueing so far. They are deffinatly worth the extra cash and little wait time.

100_2147.jpg

100_2179.jpg

100_2124.jpg

jbooker, that is a bad ass bike. I love that frame. Simple, but has some bling when you really look close. I am doing similar, all black and chrome or aluminum. Wow what a difference, I might try to take a pic of the chrome on my sheares, but just in those pics I can tell how much nicer they look. Im kind of bummed. Oh well screw it, I can always buy another set later and sell this set.

Hey man, I love that water pump cover, where did you get it??

thanks for the help deffinetly leaning towards the new side of things then, ive been thinkin about a set of cpi's or shearers anyways.

I actually talked to Brian today about your deal and I agree with him, new or gently used pipes is a better way to go in your case.

jbooker, that is a bad ass bike. I love that frame. Simple, but has some bling when you really look close. I am doing similar, all black and chrome or aluminum. Wow what a difference, I might try to take a pic of the chrome on my sheares, but just in those pics I can tell how much nicer they look. Im kind of bummed. Oh well screw it, I can always buy another set later and sell this set.

Hey man, I love that water pump cover, where did you get it??

Hay Thanks,

The frame is black chrome with a glitter clear coat powder coating.

The water pump cover is a tm design works. At 80 bucks it is about the most expensive one out there.

TM's Web Page LINK

josh

So here is cascades website CLICKY HERE

$675 seems much for me. How much to get them RAW??? New pipes raw I can chrome for $265 but with NEW ONLY pipes I can also chrome the aluminum silencers for an extra $35

So if you buy a never ran set I can chrome the pipes and scilencers for $300.

That is high. Cascade must have upped the price. I got my CPI's 4 months ago for 595. I didnt think that was too bad since most places sold CPI's crappy chrome for $550.

So here is cascades website CLICKY HERE

$675 seems much for me. How much to get them RAW??? New pipes raw I can chrome for $265 but with NEW ONLY pipes I can also chrome the aluminum silencers for an extra $35

So if you buy a never ran set I can chrome the pipes and scilencers for $300.

I dont know what raw is. Most guys are getting 625 for the shitty shearrer chrome ones, so for the extra 50, i wish i would have gone that route.