Need LOUD Exhaust help

pate

Buy a toomey exhaust T6 if you don't plan on porting. T5 if you do.

It is louder and sounds good.

Remove the boost bottle and get a stock cross over pipe. The only thing a boost bottle is good for is ripping your intake boots, creating an air leak, and destroying your engine.

:biggrin:

can i take the stuff out of my silencers for more sound and not hurt anything? my 99 banshee is all stock.

you can take the end caps off the stock ones. I wont hurt any thing. I ran my 87 like that for 2 years.

If you want bad ass sound get the DMC 916's. Nothing else Ive heard sounds like them and Ive heard many different sets. They are very unique.

leave them alone. Spend your time on something more worthwhile besides intentionally trying to piss people off.

Yeah its gonna run like ass and sound like shit.

^What he said :down:

Thats a "Thumbs down" smiley. Youre saying you dont agree? Maybe Im readin it wrong. At midnight with some Nattys in me its very possible. LOL

It will sound kinda shitty and run worse without packing. I don't think it will hurt anything but it won't run as good. Removing the packing will make it louder but mon't make it"sound good". Remove the airbox lid and it will sound different too. You will actualy gain power if you remove it. re-jetting is needed though. I just took the lid off of mine and it gives it a deeper sound because you can hear it sucking in air. I don't know how it sounds to somone not on the bike but it sounds pretty good when your riding it. other people prolly can't hear it.

correct me if i am wrong (i dont get offened) but i thought only 4-strokes need back pressure to make power? ex. all the drag bikes where HP is crucial 85% of them run straight pipes. some have silencers on them but not many. i have seen TONS of banshee around w/ the stock silencers gutted. they sound like SHIT plain and simple. does it hurt the motor? no. would i do it? NEVER! get a set of pipes t-5s,pro circuts,dmcs all sound great and u will be happy.