Revs up and wont stop

so i just got my banshee back together lastnight and and the first kick it fires up makes, :biggrin: me happy but the problem is the rpm's keep climbing non stop from the moment it turns on. every kick same things just revs up and wont come down. checked the needles looked good check the reeds look good. i basically looked it all over and have no clue what the problem is. i even back the throttle all the way off to make sure the carbs are closing completely. any advice would help out a lot. just a little about the bike

stock carbs TORS removed NO IDLE screws( not sure if thats what doing it or not)

ported cylinders stock head DG pipes everything is almost stock.

please help i have the itch to go riding this weekend :evil:

so i just got my banshee back together lastnight and and the first kick it fires up makes, :biggrin: me happy but the problem is the rpm's keep climbing non stop from the moment it turns on. every kick same things just revs up and wont come down. checked the needles looked good check the reeds look good. i basically looked it all over and have no clue what the problem is. i even back the throttle all the way off to make sure the carbs are closing completely. any advice would help out a lot. just a little about the bike

stock carbs TORS removed NO IDLE screws( not sure if thats what doing it or not)

ported cylinders stock head DG pipes everything is almost stock.

please help i have the itch to go riding this weekend :evil:

Make 100% sure the carbs are syncronised and close. If all off this is good, you have a air leak somewhere.

Make sure that your slides in your carb are not backwards, the long grooves should face eachother and the wider notches should be on the outside. also check your cable and that the end of your throttle cables are seated correctly in the top of your carbs.

hope this helps :blink:

whats the best way to make sure they are closing and in sync???

to sync them buy a tool, jeff at FAST sells them. they are a must have for multi carb motors.

to make sure they drop all the way just make sure the cable has slack at the bottom and turn the idle screws out, even if you have the idle set high it shouldnt climb so that probly not your problem. its more then likely an air leak. get some carb cleaner and spary all the gasket and surface areas while the bike is running. if it revs all of the sudden or bogs out all of the sudden thats where your leak was at. make sure you clean it off becasue metal doesnt like carb cleaner sitting on it

maybe i didnt explain myself enough i cant do any of those test for air leaks because it revs like its open FULL throttle, right after it starts. so i dont leave it running i just kill it after a 10-15 secs. and like i said on my first post the carbs i have on right now DO NOT have idle screws.

if you have the tors thing on top of the carbs you control your idle with them...

so does the rev climb or does it go wide open? which is it? if its wide open you probly dont have an airleak. normally an airleak will start normal and slowly climb. but before you rule it out start checking the rubber boots for your carbs, and make sure your gaskets are not folded when they got tightened down. was it running fine before this? did you change anything ?

You removed the TORS, did you remove the tops?

Install the screws. And remove the airbox/air filter. You need to make sure the slides aren't stuck up in the carb.

Drill and tap the carbs if you removed the Tors tops and replaced them with the caps. Do NOT overtighten the replacement caps, just a gentle snug, then use the bracket to hold them in place.

i bought the carbs with the Tor eliminator kit already on they just dont have the idle screw kit. so here is what i have tried. pulled the sliders out and flipped them around because i got told they maybe on backwards and now it wont run at all but if i flip them the way they were it will fire on the first kick

i bought the carbs with the Tor eliminator kit already on they just dont have the idle screw kit. so here is what i have tried. pulled the sliders out and flipped them around because i got told they maybe on backwards and now it wont run at all but if i flip them the way they were it will fire on the first kick

That happened to me the last rebuild I wasnt paying attention and switched the slides into the wrong carbs make sure you can see the marks in the windows on the kick starter side of your bike

when I put them the slides in the wrong carbs I had the sync dot on the slides facing the windows but they didnt seat all the way and when I started it they were full throttle I will bet the slides are not down all the way just like if you held the throttle wide open the gap under the slides should be less than a screw driver head check that with your air box off