backfire from left side

could it be the carb choke plunger because i am having a hell of a time finding the dam leak :confused: :ermm: . could the the head gasket or base gasket be blown if the mechanic did not torq the head down properly :confused::down:

No on the choke plunger. Possibly on the baske gasket.......... :geek:

Switch the carbs from side to side and see if the problem follows the carb or stays with that cylider. On stock carbs you will have to cap off the bosses that the choke tube goes between. Or do a leak down test like was suggested and that will tell you if you have an air leak for sure.

Switch the carbs from side to side and see if the problem follows the carb or stays with that cylider. On stock carbs you will have to cap off the bosses that the choke tube goes between. Or do a leak down test like was suggested and that will tell you if you have an air leak for sure.

Are you sure the choke cross-over tube is connected? I left mine off once & it acted like what you are describing. I had to swallow my pride & admit I overlooked what should have been obvious.

Are you sure the choke cross-over tube is connected? I left mine off once & it acted like what you are describing. I had to swallow my pride & admit I overlooked what should have been obvious.

dude no offense but is you can start your shee w/out the cross over tube you aea a bad a$$$ but dude i know a bit about 2 stroke cuz i can READ aint no pride swallowing

dude no offense but is you can start your shee w/out the cross over tube you aea a bad a$$$ but dude i know a bit about 2 stroke cuz i can READ aint no pride swallowing

I have been able to start my red bike without the crossover tube on several occasions. Beer or Yeager was usually involved though. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Check you wiring harness that comes from the CDI on the rt aft side and make sure it has'nt melted to your pipe.

new wire harness should i just buy complete new topend gasket set because the guy who put it together the first time did not torq priperly then i had it retoqed properly but maybe it blew a base gasket

could it be the carb choke plunger because i am having a hell of a time finding the dam leak :confused: :ermm: . could the the head gasket or base gasket be blown if the mechanic did not torq the head down properly :confused::down:

it could be the choKe plunger ..O ring on it could be warn out...new plunger for it is about 40 bucks...the O-ring is metric if you just want to replace that if you can find them...