Lower Motor Mounts

Dinner

Hey Guys,

Seen a couple pictures lately and made me think to ask this question. You know the engine mounts that go under the engine and are like what, 6 inches long? And then bolt up to the frame ahead of the engine. Well, are they 100% necessary? Reason being I am asking is I see guys having them in their re-builds of their bikes and when I purchased my bike however long ago, they were not on there. I have them in a box in my shop, however I have never installed them.

So yea, are they a good thing to run, help keep the engine more stable and less vibration, etc?

there are a lot of these guys that dont run them as they have custemized other brackets. I would run them on the bike since they are there to stabalize the engine while its running. So it does not shift with power or shifting. If you want to run a diffrent set up then the stock there are a few guys on here that have built there own.

there are a lot of these guys that dont run them as they have custemized other brackets. I would run them on the bike since they are there to stabalize the engine while its running. So it does not shift with power or shifting. If you want to run a diffrent set up then the stock there are a few guys on here that have built there own.

What he said!!

If you run with out them then you need other means of keeping the motor from moving under power. Ever feel like your chain is skipping teeth under power? Either its loose or the motor is moving. The stock mounts are fine for a trail bike but for a drag bike I think more is needed. Either a torque bar mounted on the side of the motor. I dont have one so no pics for ya :confused: .

Here is a pic of what I run on my drag bike.

post-26100-1204284502_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doug Austin

• 3 months later...

i was just searching and found this thread, how much extra vibration do you get from solid mounts? i'm trying to fix my chain skipping problem and am either going to get new bushings or mounts, or solid mounts. and where do you buy new front and rear bushings for the other mounts?

i was just searching and found this thread, how much extra vibration do you get from solid mounts? i'm trying to fix my chain skipping problem and am either going to get new bushings or mounts, or solid mounts. and where do you buy new front and rear bushings for the other mounts?

LOTs of vibration with all solid mounts. NOt sure how much with only solid bottom mounts...Adrenaline Atv has them. Click. I have somewhat bad dealings with them, but they do have these parts, and are of high quality.