polish cases?

tripledsracing

wondering if polishing cases can be done!..also wanting my carbs done..who does polishing carbs?

I polish, but those are 2 things I will wont do. Cases are too big and hard to do, and carbs have too many small spots. I know cascase does the best work on carbs, but I dont think they will take the cases to polish. Powdercoating the cases is the way to go.

I polish, but those are 2 things I will wont do. Cases are too big and hard to do, and carbs have too many small spots. I know cascase does the best work on carbs, but I dont think they will take the cases to polish. Powdercoating the cases is the way to go.

on the cases i was gonna do them myself...but the powdercoat thing sounds great but im not gonna tear it back down right now to do that..but next trip around i know what im gonna do...thanks for the info..il contact cascade and see if they can do my carbs..

on the cases i was gonna do them myself...but the powdercoat thing sounds great but im not gonna tear it back down right now to do that..but next trip around i know what im gonna do...thanks for the info..il contact cascade and see if they can do my carbs..

They can do them, just hold onto you balls when they tell you a price, if your not hanging on they will drop to the floor lol....

They can do them, just hold onto you balls when they tell you a price, if your not hanging on they will drop to the floor lol....

ha,ha i looked on their site and my balls had already hit the floor :huh: i should have read this first so i would have been warned..lol..polished cylinder 195.00 plus shipping..my god i had mine done through k&t for 120.00 but by the look of their work it looks amazing..they want 150.00 for carbs..i believe il wait and find somebody a lil cheaper..

• 3 months later...

Did a search and had to bring this topic back up, i started polishing my cases the other day talk about a bitch. But where are the people that have done it what tips do you use for your dremel i can't seem to find a good one to start out with.

I did kind of a half-ass'd polishing job on my case while it was apart this winter. I used a dremel with the extension wand and the little 512E finishing buffs (about 20 of them) to start. Then I just used the small Mothers power ball and some Mothers Incredible Billit to bring a nice deep shine. I could have spent more time on it and got better results, but it looks ten times better than it did.

post-21241-1211826838_thumb.jpg

I did kind of a half-ass'd polishing job on my case while it was apart this winter. I used a dremel with the extension wand and the little 512E finishing buffs (about 20 of them) to start. Then I just used the small Mothers power ball and some Mothers Incredible Billit to bring a nice deep shine. I could have spent more time on it and got better results, but it looks ten times better than it did.

post-21241-1211826838_thumb.jpg

looks sweet

Yeah see that looks real good. I started out with those little wirebrush dremel bits to smoth and clean the cases first but i think i'm starting off with the wrong polishing bit. I'm gonna tackle it some more today when i get off i'll get me some of those bits you mentioned and try them and get that mothers ball. Thanks

looks sweet

Thanks, not bad for my first time I guess.

Yeah see that looks real good. I started out with those little wirebrush dremel bits to smoth and clean the cases first but i think i'm starting off with the wrong polishing bit. I'm gonna tackle it some more today when i get off i'll get me some of those bits you mentioned and try them and get that mothers ball. Thanks

Use the finishing buffs dry (no polish). It took like 20 of them (at fuggin a buck fifty a piece) to do top, bottom, and the counter sprocket area. And try that Mothers Incredible Billit ($13 a can, but the shit is awsome), not the liquid stuff they sell for use with the Power Ball.

BTW- dont forget to wear safty glasses and a dust mask, shit flies everywhere...good luck, and take your time. Any questions, hit me up. :thumbsup:

post-21241-1211828324_thumb.jpg

Thanks, not bad for my first time I guess.

Use the finishing buffs dry (no polish). It took like 20 of them (at fuggin a buck fifty a piece) to do top, bottom, and the counter sprocket area. And try that Mothers Incredible Billit ($13 a can, but the shit is awsome), not the liquid stuff they sell for use with the Power Ball.

BTW- dont forget to wear safty glasses and a dust mask, shit flies everywhere...good luck, and take your time. Any questions, hit me up. :thumbsup:

post-21241-1211828324_thumb.jpg

Thanks i'll let you know how they come out, i'm pretty anal about things when i work on stuff so i'm sure they will come out good.