duneable override

chillls

when they say "core charge " what are they wanting of yours. is it better to keep your tranny parts and just buy the whole dunable from whom ever ??

They want both gear clusters and the drum.. Sometimes they keep the cut tranny's in stock and just swap them out to save time.

Edited by Fouledout421

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if this has been answered but, a 1-5 youd clutch out of the hole and thats it right?

backloading is no problem, just pull the clutch lever in slightly before your off the juice at all times correct?

a 2-5 your clutching out of the hole and to second gear.

is there no 6th gear in any duneable override? no biggy,thats the cruizin gear and things are scary at that speed when your "cruzing"

word. i think ill get a 1-5 instead of a 2-5... 2 strokes shouldnt be engine braked anyway as far as im concerned, no lubrication.

why do they want the shift star? Jeff told me id be using my stocker.

sorry if this has been answered but, a 1-5 youd clutch out of the hole and thats it right?

backloading is no problem, just pull the clutch lever in slightly before your off the juice at all times correct?

a 2-5 your clutching out of the hole and to second gear.

is there no 6th gear in any duneable override? no biggy,thats the cruizin gear and things are scary at that speed when your "cruzing"

word. i think ill get a 1-5 instead of a 2-5... 2 strokes shouldnt be engine braked anyway as far as im concerned, no lubrication.

why do they want the shift star? Jeff told me id be using my stocker.

They need the shift star if you get the N- down. Not sure but they might need to grind off the pin for 6th gear aswell. :confused:

They want both gear clusters and the drum.. Sometimes they keep the cut tranny's in stock and just swap them out to save time.

It's a gamble...

As long as your trans is in good shape, you can normally sell a full tranny and drum on ebay for about 100 to 130 bucks.

Most shops charge about 100 for the core.

I had quite a few people buy one without sending a core in because they didn't want a week or so of down time...

I had to send my shift star in so they could cut the pin off for sixth gear.

you can get an override with 6th gear but it will not be dunable, and you have to come to a complete stop before you down shift out of 6th.

On my 2-5 I just launch in 2nd and start bangin gears!

wish I had a 1-5 this weekend though! I geared for 660 ft and I had to much bite for swcond gear launches.

ok i have ben watching this post since it started and im getting 2 kinds of feed back from it so my question is are they good for anything else other than shooting off the line and going straight or what?

:evil:i would have to say, if you are gonna just ride it and NEVER race stay away from an override....if you are gonna ride it and race it go with a dunable but be careful about backloading it too often at high rpms and DEFINATELY get it from WCR...they are the only ones i have heard good things about here or on PS site...if you are gonna only drag race (like me) it doesnt matter dunable or nondunable but i would suggest the 1-5 with NEUTRAL DOWN...there are several good ones that do these that are nondunable and Rudy Kurtz out in CA was one of the first to do it on a Banshee...Fast By Gast in NY apparently did the very first ones on drag motorcycles...

dbr :thumbsup:

im just afraid of shelling it !!! i think i will be ok, i may just have to not let anyone ride my damn bike anymore.

thats my view on the matter dood. your shellin the money why should anyone else shell your gears?

as long as you remember to pull your clutch in it will be fine. the load on the gears will loosen up as soon as your clutched.