I'll never ship tires again.

MarineNYC

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sold a set of Rear itp sandstars on egay. They sold for 80 and I asked for 30 for shipping. Big mistake!!!! It cost me 65 to ship two fucking tires without rims to TEXAS!!!!! So it would of been cheaper for me to keep them. Man did that ruin my day!!

You have to go to the ups hub. It usually costs me $25 a tire with a rim there.

you dont need to shrink wrap tyres. just strap them together. they are fuckin tyres its not like they are going to get hurt of someone drops them.

this is how tyrerack ships tyres. they just strap them together and stick a shipping label on the tread. no shrink wrap no boxes.

but yeah you should use fedex ground. its cheap as fuck compared to ups or usps.

ya that seems pricey but did you leave air in the tires?? I did once in a big box and it cost alot.Next set let all the air out and get the tire folded in the rim and find the smallest box you can..shipping will be waaaaaayyyyyyyy cheaper!!

i havnet ever used fedex maybe I should thats a better deal..ups does off of measurements of boxs +weight..They break there little tape measure out right there!! at least they do when I take things into there little shipping store.LOL

I think that has alot to do with it too.I had the hardest time with the lady at the UPS place when i would ship my motor out to have work done.I did it 3 different times and each time she had a different excuse on why she didn't want to send it.I'd always have to talk with her superior and then everything would be ok.Was such a big hassle.

i havnet ever used fedex maybe I should thats a better deal..ups does off of measurements of boxs +weight..They break there little tape measure out right there!! at least they do when I take things into there little shipping store.LOL
Edited by FadedDreams

UPS is your problem. that place is a fucking rip off. i can ship rear tires with wheels in them to anywhere in the US for about 25 bucks thru fedex all day long.

i totally agree...... ups takes forever they dont run o n saturdays the prices are ridiculous usually ,they screw up locations worse than the the us post ofice ever does . i would not use them to ship a sparkplug

CHECK THIS OUT. ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO I BOUGHT ARMS AND SHOCKS. UPS SHIPPED IT THEY DID IT IN 2 BOXES. ONE THEY PUT 35 AND THE OTHER THEY PUT 135. MY ADD IS 135 SO AFTER A WEEK AND MY ARMS DIDNT SHOW UP I STARED TO RESEARCH IT. THEY SAID THAT THE DROPPED OF THE 35 ADDY ONE AT 35 . SO I WENT THERE. 35 DIDNT EVEN EXIST. AFTER RESEARCHING IT FURTHER I FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS ACTUALLY DROPPED OFF AT 36. THATS JUST NOT RIGHT. THEY DROPPED IT OFF AT THE WRONG ADDY. THATS JUST WRONG. IF ANYTHING IT SHOULD OF WENT BACK TO SENDER. 2 WEEKS LATER IT SHOWED UP AT MY FRONT DOOR. IT WAS OPENED AND HALF THE CONTENTS WERE NOT THERE. THEY GAVE ME 100 DOLLARS FOR IT. i SHOULD OF GOT AT LEAST 300. STILL FIGHTING WITH THEM