Spark Arrestors for CPIs

angler

I think Alba makes a kit you can install inside the silencer... I also know that Cobra makes sparkies up to 3 inches in diameter. I believe the CPI silencers measure 2.5 Cobra has 2.5 2 5/8 2 3/4 and 3 just be prepared to spend 60+ each

Ya, I hate the way those look. I was hoping to put just the screens inside. Trinity makes a set of end caps with screens that look really good but they're $160.

I'll check with Alba.

Thx!

I've done a search so don't...

Anyway, does anyone- Has anyone ever put spark arrestors on CPIs? It seems that everywhere I ride is making me have them, even Pismo!

thx

When you say make you have them is it just the general rules you see at the places or have seen it enforced. I live right next to pismo and ride there quite often and have never been checked for SA if they did enforce it on weekends no one would be riding lol. I would think you are going to fail Sound checks in california as well with CPIs. But then again they really dont check for that at the dunes either. If you are riding somewhere else other than the dunes then I would be concerned. If a ranger is a big enough dick to give you a ticket for not having SA on in the sand.... because we wouldnt want the dunes to burn down then he is a big enough dick to give you a sound violation as well. Just my .02 1 ticket or 2 lol

When you say make you have them is it just the general rules you see at the places or have seen it enforced. I live right next to pismo and ride there quite often and have never been checked for SA if they did enforce it on weekends no one would be riding lol. I would think you are going to fail Sound checks in california as well with CPIs. But then again they really dont check for that at the dunes either. If you are riding somewhere else other than the dunes then I would be concerned. If a ranger is a big enough dick to give you a ticket for not having SA on in the sand.... because we wouldnt want the dunes to burn down then he is a big enough dick to give you a sound violation as well. Just my .02 1 ticket or 2 lol

It's vague, but if you search deep enough on line you'll see that you DO need a spark arrestors at Pismo. I called Oceano Dunes and spoke to two people. One was adament that you do need one the other didn't even know what I was talking about. I've there before but I always had one so I didn't sweat it at the gate. Now I don't and I don't want a ticket or worse, get turned back at the gate. I just wish it was more clear.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Ya, I hate the way those look. I was hoping to put just the screens inside. Trinity makes a set of end caps with screens that look really good but they're $160.

I'll check with Alba.

Thx!

I am glad I seen this. I just sent back my cobra clamp on sparkys. I called trinity on the phone and gave them them some mesurements and ordeded a set. I will keep you posted on how the go on. I might have to end up redrilling the 3 bolt holes for the silencer bolt holes.

I used the Cobra spark arrestors on mine. I went as far as to contact CPI and see about getting some made, they blew me off. I tried using my own screen inside to pass for Spark arrestors, the DNR laughed at me. I think it is the 2 1/2 inchers that fit them perfectly. You can take the allens out that hold the end caps on your silencers, slide them over, and put the allens back in the same screw holes. Put the metal clamps that come w/the sparky's over the screws and it actually looks pretty clean.

Yea the the silencer body is 2.5 inches.

Here is the Trinity Spark Arrestors. I am going to try my hardest to make them work. They are the same size as cpi's end cap. The only real problem I see maybe happing is the holes not lining up.

yam_banshee_quietcore_sparky.jpg

You should easily be able to make them work. I never considered that option. Let us know how it turns out!

You can use the alba screens.. Me and BansheeDan have both made them work. You have to cut them to fit. I've put them in a set of sheerers and Dan put them on his T5's The screen is USFS approved and will pass in silver lake. I had a lengthy discussion with the Head Officer (DNR) on my last trip out.

1 kit is enough to do 2 silencers.