too much oil?

Cory9584

I run at 25:1, like keeping my motor lube, I do cross country, much more reliable. I run good quality Castrol power 1 fully synthetic. I do long shots of wide open throttle, NEVER foulded a plug, the exhausts tend to be a LITTLE wet if riding very slow. Wiseco, however do say on some of their 2-stroke pistons that you should mix a little richer for the first gas tank, I do believe there is a little bit more friction at run in periods, so mixing a bit richer is fine. At the ratio I mix, well, I don't because its rich enough. I don't care what who say, Yamaha who is a company that build these machine say in their owners manual run at 24:1. Why would they say that, for peanuts?. I know allot of people run mixture of 50:1 and way over, but I said this before, its much harder on ring and bearing wear, I did this tests with the same oils over the last 7 years. The ring wear on allot of these machine with the richer ratios are a lot less and don't tell me my air filter is sucking sand.. Allot of people also believe the crap of the less oil in your mixture the more hp.. This is true up to a point of about 1:32 if I am right with A Graham Bell did all the dynos on 2 differant bikes and 2 or 3 differant oils. The YZ125/RM125 delivered up to 0.2Hp more on a ratio of 20:1 and 25:1 over 50:1.

I know alot will say, 0.2hp, what the heck, but it does show something...

• 3 weeks later...